The EE braggers thread!!!

Here is the family of EEs I have.

Here is Twig, the oldest easter egger, in fact the All Mother, since any EE we have comes from her! She's almost nine years old.

Here is her one and only son, Tetley, named after one of my favourite tea brands. He's about seven years I think. His mother and grandaughter are in the background, along with the granddaughter's grandmother (on right) and a Barred Rock.

Here is Apricot, granddaughter of Tetley! She's about 3-4 years old.

And this is Phoenix. I've got a feeling her mother may have been the same as Apricots, but they had different father's. She's about 3-4 years old, too.
At present she's in broody quarantine until she stops hogging the nest. Just as well, she pecked a hole in my wrist the other week. She doesn't just peck, she pinches and twists! I love her colours, though, black with a bit of red around the face, hence Phoenix.

I believe at least one of the chicks is an EE, though I haven't looked too closely - they're all from Tetley, so there's a good chance some of them are.

EDIT:
Oh, and an image of great grandmother and great granddaughter together :)

Last edited:
Twig doesn't lay so much. Actually, I haven't seen anything from her since last year, and even then the eggs had brittle shells, and the colour's pale. The other two are still fairly regular layers, almost every day when they're not broody and depending on the season. During winter I can only expect regular eggs from years old. In general, five years seems to be the best years for laying, past that it's a bonus.

what project is he from?
He is just something I have toyed with . Never going to turn into Ameraucana because of leg color issues that I think can not be changed . He is descended from Araucana . It took about 4 years to unravel the genetic mystery . It is the Ermenett pattern with barring . Caused by a form of dominant white .I would like to weed out the barring to see which is causing the white legs on genetically slate background . I used this a little in the cuckoo project as one source of barring .

Anybody have any pictures of Easter eggers from cackle hatchery?

Thought I did but can't find them.

Their stock is the typical EE that you get from about any hatchery. I was told that they use only pure Ameraucana roosters over their EE hens.
Most of my stock that I just sold off were descended from Cackle stock with a little others thrown into the mix.

Last edited:
Thought I did but can't find them.

Their stock is the typical EE that you get from about any hatchery. I was told that they use only pure Ameraucana roosters over their EE hens.
Most of my stock that I just sold off were descended from Cackle stock with a little others thrown into the mix.
I heard they had some pretty interesting colors.

Back
Top Bottom