The EE braggers thread!!!

Here is a bantam EE . Blue silver partridge in color w/ feather feet . Still tinkering w/ crosses . Dad was a Dark Brahma bantam . Mom was a sale barn EE likely from a hatchery at some point .
The base coloring reminds me of one I had. This one laid the prettiest pastel blue eggs, often with white speckles.

Last edited:
My little EEs are 3 weeks now. The little grey one has some interesting patterns showing on the wings.

My older EE's comb has turned red and the rooster has been dancing for her. I did find a small blue egg in the nest this morning but could just be from my AMs. I think I might have to wait till a day when they all lay.

Help!!

I have a 1 week old EE chick whose crop is about the size of a golf ball. It is soft and squishy but he keeps stretching his neck like he can't swallow.

It is not hard, so is it an impaction I caught early? Or something else? I gave him olive oil and sprinkled some sand around incase he needs grit to try and move things along. He doesn't seem to feel ill but it looks terribly uncomfortable.

I thought I'd try here before I started another thread on crop issues, hopefully you guys don't mind.

Help!!

I have a 1 week old EE chick whose crop is about the size of a golf ball. It is soft and squishy but he keeps stretching his neck like he can't swallow.

It is not hard, so is it an impaction I caught early? Or something else? I gave him olive oil and sprinkled some sand around incase he needs grit to try and move things along. He doesn't seem to feel ill but it looks terribly uncomfortable.

I thought I'd try here before I started another thread on crop issues, hopefully you guys don't mind.
Remove feed overnight to give the crop time to empty. Check in the morning before giving feed. If the crop is emptied, the chick is fine. If it's still bloated and squishy, it's sour crop. There are many threads that deal with different treatment options.

First hatch of 2017 and no problems yet .

EE's are the easiest to hatch and take care of and all the green and light blue eggs .
jumpy.gif

What a fun year and there are eight chicks in the last 18 hours so now I need to add some new eggs to the incubator wow this is like an addition hatching eggs
yesss.gif

Sad news. I put the chicks out in the run today. Sectioned part of it off. It wasn't as secure as I thought. Got back from dinner with the family and my little grey chick was gone. The run door was opened so it could have gone anywhere. Didn't find any trace of it.
ETA well I guess it was hiding somewhere. I have no idea where since their space is small and I looked everywhere. Went out this morning to find it hanging out with its sibling.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom