The EE braggers thread!!!

Everyone’s EE’s are so colorful and my 6 week old EE is well ...

Black
View attachment 1311518

She has a great personality though.
I've had several black Easter Eggers. My favorite hen in the flock is a black Easter Egger named Margaret.
DSCN0256.JPG

Here's my two EE! One is a hatchery, the other I got from the breeder I got my Araucana from. Its an Black Breasted Araucana over Lav Ameraucana. Should be blue eggs, I hope.
Here's Bunny:
Bunny 22 wks.JPG

and one of her eggs with my silver hamburg's for contrast:
Resized_20180131_191456.jpeg

And this is Tex... Her name is a Red vs Blue reference. Its a web show that my son and I both love:
Tex.jpeg
Tex1.jpeg

APA Ameraucana and APA Araucana can ONLY lay blue so the cross will lay blue. Kinda confused as to why someone would cross them though, given all the effort needed some decades ago to create them as separate breeds with specific characteristics. What you will end up with is the English/Australian version of "Ameraucana" since they can have the characteristics of either. Maybe they should rename theirs to "EnAucauana" ;)

APA Ameraucana and APA Araucana can ONLY lay blue so the cross will lay blue. Kinda confused as to why someone would cross them though, given all the effort needed some decades ago to create them as separate breeds with specific characteristics. What you will end up with is the English/Australian version of "Ameraucana" since they can have the characteristics of either. Maybe they should rename theirs to "EnAucauana" ;)

At this point she's housing them together, and hasn't separated them yet. At hatch she can tell which is which since she has lavender Ameraucana and white and black breasted red Araucana.

Wish I could find my photos of my Auracauna. Had great tufts that went out a good 3 inches and a nice bunt butt.. No tail. Petfect. She was all black.

Back
Top Bottom