The EE braggers thread!!!

I think that EE pullets have a reputation for being easy going but I am not sure about the roosters. I had one that I picked up from Craigslist and he turned mean and very aggressive with the hens. I did not have the time to work on attitude adjustment so he was "sacrificed" Amen

I'm really interested in talking about working on lines of blue-egg layers that will breed true, but am not aiming to become a variety of Ameraucana or Araucana. Would it be out of line to start a Blue Egger thread, since there's an Olive Egger thread?

Quote:
Same here. Would love to improve the blue egg color of the EE (Quechua type) chicken. I'm not an Olver egg person, altough I have not bred for the olive egg I am getting some from my EE's.

Does anyone have experience with the EEs from Meyer Hatchery?? My main concern is egg color....do I have a good shot at getting green and blue eggs or do some of their birds lay brown??

Anyone selling eggs or chicks? If you are please PM me?
big_smile.png

Michelle

Quote:
Anyone??
hu.gif

Somewhere back about maybe ten pages there are several folks that love their EEs from Myers and they do lay blue and blue/green eggs. I just received ten chicks from Ideal and I heard that their chicks are good also. But of course i will need some time to watch the little buggers grow.

Anyway go ahead and try Myer if you are used to that Hatchery. I have been satisfied with Ideal, I mean it is a hatchery ? I am into eggs and fun with my birds. No Hollywood or Las Vegas chicks for me !

Back
Top Bottom