The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
I realize pea combs are supposed to be dominant, but where did straight comb ees come from? I can't figure it out. I raised games for years and pea comb was always dominant. How do you get an ee with a straight comb?

pure pea comb(PP) x pure pea comb(PP) = 100% pure pea combs

pure pea comb(PP) x single comb(r+) = 100% impure pea combs(P//p+)

impure pea comb(P//p+) x impure pea comb(P//p+) = 50% impure pea combs, 25% pure pea combs, and 25% single combs

impure pea comb x pure pea comb = 50% pure pea comb, and 50% impure pea comb

impure pea comb x single comb = 50% impure pea comb, and 50% single comb

Guess that makes sense, thanks.

Quote:
Hi. I was wondering what the red/white roo in pic 10 looked like as a youngin. I have an 8 1/2 week old olive egger who I think is going to look a lot like him, and I sure do hope so!! He's gorgous! Also I love the hen in pic 7! I want a whole flock of them!!
big_smile.png

Did he look anything like this at 8 weeks?!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e193/StArZ-N-MoOnz/2011/IMG_0097.jpg

Here's a pic of him at 9 weeks.

51260_20101107_chickenschantecana_022.jpg

Red and white is very pretty! This is my new baby (the yellow chick next to her sister a BLRW) She (I think) is a cross between a splash colored BLRW rooster and my buff colored EE hen. Looks like she is going to be buff laced!!! I'm thinking about starting a line of buff laced EEs if she turns out as pretty as I think she'll be!
big_smile.png

minnesotachickenbreeder Thank you for the information on dominate pea comb. Now I do not feel so bad about sending the pretty rooster with the single comb elsewhere even though he was advertised a being a green eggs rooster. More wrong information.
barnie.gif

Has anyone had an EE that layed GRAY eggs??? I think it's one of my EE's that's been laying it....just a light gray egg with the slightest tinge of blue/green
idunno.gif

Can someone share their experience with their Easter Eggers? On average, when do they start laying. How old are they normally? My one EE is 21 weeks old. Am I being impatient?

Quote:
I have 22 female EE's one started laying just under 16 wks, 5 more between 16-20 wks, and the rest I'm still waiting on. I read alot of posts saying their's don't start laying until close to or over 6 months. I think it is extremely variable. So far all my girls lay green and blue eggs.

Quote:
I've heard most are late layers. My Marans were about 21wks when they started laying. My GLW started at about 19wks, wasn't expecting her so early. My SLW started about 24wks. My RIR were about 21wks. My EE's were/are the last to start laying & they are about the same hatch sisters with the Marans & SLW. 1 EE just started laying she was about 28wks 2wks ago, so I'm still waiting on her EE sister who is the same hatch age. Unless she's laying a brown or cream color instead of green but I have 13 chickens (hens) & only getting 12 eggs at most.

Shannon

Most of mine started laying at around 6 months. One even until 7 months. But, their beautiful eggs were well worth the wait and they sure pump them out!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom