The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
I love your Red EE in the 1st pic!
th.gif
droolin.gif
Your Barred EEs are just Precious!
love.gif

I'm wondering if anyone could offer some insight on how best to get a sharp barred EE.

If your using a purebred Ameraucana roo over a barred hen, what should you look for from that initial cross and where should you go from there for the quickest route to true-breeding offspring? Breed a pea combed barred cockerel back to dam, breed pea combed and barred brother/sister pairs?

Also, what if the only Ameraucana roo available to you happened to be wheaten, but you were REALLY wanting plain black barred EEs. Would a percentage of the offspring with the aforementioned barred hen still be black barred, or would any barred chicks end up tending towards the golden cuckoo style?

Big Bertha looks like what she is suppose to be a cornish rock cross. I do not see any signs of EE but you never know until one of her offsprings either has a pea comb and or sires chicks which lay green or blue eggs. Now she is just a pretty hen who lays brown eggs.

Quote:
single combed chickens cant carry any pea combed genes. single combs are recessive, pea combs are dominant.

Quote:
single combed chickens cant carry any pea combed genes. single combs are recessive, pea combs are dominant.

I realize pea combs are supposed to be dominant, but where did straight comb ees come from? I can't figure it out. I raised games for years and pea comb was always dominant. How do you get an ee with a straight comb?

Quote:

I realize pea combs are supposed to be dominant, but where did straight comb ees come from? I can't figure it out. I raised games for years and pea comb was always dominant. How do you get an ee with a straight comb?

pure pea comb(PP) x pure pea comb(PP) = 100% pure pea combs

pure pea comb(PP) x single comb(r+) = 100% impure pea combs(P//p+)

impure pea comb(P//p+) x impure pea comb(P//p+) = 50% impure pea combs, 25% pure pea combs, and 25% single combs

impure pea comb x pure pea comb = 50% pure pea comb, and 50% impure pea comb

impure pea comb x single comb = 50% impure pea comb, and 50% single comb

Back
Top Bottom