The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Very nice .

Quote:
Me too . I've got just a few chicks from an Ameraucana crossed to Jumbo Cornish hybrids , and two Dark Cornish cockerals from a show strain waitng for crossing with Ameraucana and EE as soon as they get back to laying . I've also got chicks from Ameraucana over Speckled Sussex and Black Laced Red Wyandottes , but the Cornish hybrid pullet's chicks are twice as large .

Hi Everyone,
I also love my EEs. Everyone is always shocked with their eggs. My doula (who had never seen green eggs) surprised her kids and husband with them. She made them hard boiled eggs and left them in the shell and then made them some ham with Green food coloring. She told them they were having Green Eggs and Ham. The kids were so excited. LOL

My EEs are a cross from my Buff Orpington hens and a EE roo who is a cross from another Buff Orpington hen and Wheaten Ameraucana roo.

These are the egg colors they are giving me (not sure who is giving who as they all lay in the same nest boxes):

0_1-2-1.jpg

If I were to cross these hens with my Blue or Black Ameraucanas, what color eggs do you think I will get???

Quote:
Hi. I was wondering what the red/white roo in pic 10 looked like as a youngin. I have an 8 1/2 week old olive egger who I think is going to look a lot like him, and I sure do hope so!! He's gorgous! Also I love the hen in pic 7! I want a whole flock of them!!
big_smile.png

Did he look anything like this at 8 weeks?!

IMG_0097.jpg

I've enjoyed everyone's pics of their wonderful Easter Eggers. While yes, I've read over and over that they are mutt chickens, I too find it interesting that so many similarties are seen. I personally have no problem with these chickens being identified as EE, I dont feel as though this is a derogatory label. I have 8 easter egg hens which lay the prettiest blue eggs, with one olive egg, that I've grown accustomed too. I love my EE hens and their roosters, I find them very colorful and love their cute fuzzy faces. Actually my dear husband drove for two hours to buy them for me. Hats off to all of fellow EE's!

Quote:
Funny you should mention that. I keep looking for a "Thanks" button. On one forum I am a member of there is a Thanks button and you would not believe how much use it gets. I also wish the "Show your posts" link was at the top of the page, instead of the very bottom. The first place I usually head is to check and see if there are any replies to the threads I've posted in.

Last edited:
Brought home a rooster someone gave me today. It was supposed to be a pure bred Ameraucanas. The lady said her kids pulled its tail feathers out, but she thought new ones were growing in. Anyway the old boy looks more like a Araucanas from his appearance. When I get a chance to take a picture, I'll try to post it. I'm thinking he is a EE but the thing is, she said she got him from a lady that breeds them not from a hatchery. I have him in isolation right now, also I need to get my EE cross roos out of the coop my hens are in. Chicken math is gonna get me if I am not careful. She said the rooster came from a blue egg hatch. So, I don't have anything like a pure bred flock, guess if he gives me chicks that turn out to lay blue eggs I'll have just some more EEs in the flock.

Back
Top Bottom