The EE braggers thread!!!

Okay, updated "brag" of my EE's...

Lol, I tried to take a pic of all 7 chicks sitting together on an improvised perch.. they kept trying to fly to me! LOL. What I did get, came out blurry, so I didn't upload... Here are pics of them individually on my hands, they liked that better.

This one is sooo pretty.
chooks4.jpg

This one is sometimes hard to tell apart from one of the others...
chooks3.jpg

this one looks interesting
chooks2.jpg

really pale buff?
chooks1.jpg

I'm still worried this one might be a 'roo... it's comb looks slightly more developed than the others, but I am not 100% positive... it's so friendly. There IS a bit of redness on her comb, but looking at her, it looks like she got pecked hard on it perhaps, and it is slightly bruised.
chooks5.jpg

Last edited:
I have a couple of new pics to upload, but I have to get the computer from my husband long enough to upload them. I hijacked it now, but don't have enough time to upload them before he gets back. Since he is using it for work, guess I can't complain to much.

Oh and I almost forgot, cute pics
love.gif

Last edited:
Hoping that the weather is a little better tomorrow so I can get pictures of the babies. They are all thriving still a little shy since it has been too cold to fol with them. Sometimes brooding outside has disadvantages.

Quote:
Damn kasaundra I'm jealous your hens are beautiful. What's the name of the hen in the first picture, she is beautiful and your boy too, andslyfire she has some striking colors!!!
Btw what kind of camera are you using those are some beautiful pictures!

Quote:
Hey gang, didn't we come to the conclusion last week that the Easter Eggers were the "ORIGINALS" and that the Ameraucanas were bred from Easter Eggers thus making them the mutt chickens!

Check your facts Jeremy!!

Can we please not do this? Again?

Yes, Ameraucanas were made from the original EE's, however EE's have been bred and crossbred with no goal in mind but random colorful eggs for generations upon generations, so, so what! Just enjoy them, no matter if they're an Ameraucana, EE, or Araucana.

Lovin' the pics everyone.
smile.png
My next Easter Eggers should be born within 1-2 months from now. . . I'll be pairing a rumpless version of this enormous girl. Yes, you heard it, I've obtained a rumpless Sussex.
smile.png

5521583774_d0f7bb460c_z.jpg

- With this gorgeous Araucana. He DOES have tufts, they were chewed off by the hens.

5446142718_8779a9ae10_z.jpg

My offspring will have tufts, be silver columbian in color like their mother, and be quite large! The males will be excellent food, carrying both the chesty upright genes of the Araucana and the large, horizontal genes of the Sussex. They'll all be rumpless, all have pink legs, and all have colors similar to your average silver Easter Egger, some more or less Columbian in type.

Oh, and my Sussex is split for Lavender. So, somewhere down the line in the future, I'll have some Isabel patterned EE's pop up.

Quote:
Hey gang, didn't we come to the conclusion last week that the Easter Eggers were the "ORIGINALS" and that the Ameraucanas were bred from Easter Eggers thus making them the mutt chickens!

Check your facts Jeremy!!

Can we please not do this? Again?

Yes, Ameraucanas were made from the original EE's, however EE's have been bred and crossbred with no goal in mind but random colorful eggs for generations upon generations, so, so what! Just enjoy them, no matter if they're an Ameraucana, EE, or Araucana.

Lovin' the pics everyone.
smile.png
My next Easter Eggers should be born within 1-2 months from now. . . I'll be pairing a rumpless version of this enormous girl. Yes, you heard it, I've obtained a rumpless Sussex.
smile.png

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5091/5521583774_d0f7bb460c_z.jpg

- With this gorgeous Araucana. He DOES have tufts, they were chewed off by the hens.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5058/5446142718_8779a9ae10_z.jpg

My offspring will have tufts, be silver columbian in color like their mother, and be quite large! The males will be excellent food, carrying both the chesty upright genes of the Araucana and the large, horizontal genes of the Sussex. They'll all be rumpless, all have pink legs, and all have colors similar to your average silver Easter Egger, some more or less Columbian in type.

Oh, and my Sussex is split for Lavender. So, somewhere down the line in the future, I'll have some Isabel patterned EE's pop up.

See I don't think your facts are all that right, as we were disscussing before, hatcheries EEs they seem to all have similar traits like beard, green or slate legs, and pea combs. However if you just get a EE roo and crosst it with other breeds you usually don't see all those traits carrying on on all the chicks, so to say that they have been crossed with other breeds to improve egg production I do believe that but the statement that you make about been crossbred with no goal in mind I think is missleading.
Having said that, I think your Araucana Roo is beautiful!

Um... how about an entire seperate thread for the discussion of the history of the EE/Ameracauna/Aracaunas.... yes?

Quote:
But they don't. Slate legs are almost a minority, in fact it is green or yellow that are the more majority in leg colors, clean faced birds pop up all the time, and color and egg color are another huge ballpark.

However if you just get a EE roo and crosst it with other breeds you usually don't see all those traits carrying on on all the chicks, so to say that they have been crossed with other breeds to improve egg production I do believe that but the statement that you make about been crossbred with no goal in mind I think is missleading.

How so? I'm curious of your opinions on why. All I mean is that they breed their EE's nearly the same they do the rest of their birds, except that production has not been a goal until recently. Take a look at all the EE's out there that are known to lay very little if at all. Besides that, what other goal is there? Color isn't one - You get columbian, silver, gold, blue, duckwing, dominant white, recessive white, etc floating around. Body type isn't another - They once looked like the Original Quechua, now they vary a lot, some looking more so like them, some having literally hunched backs, some looking a lot like an Ameraucana, and some looking more like a Leghorn. Beard/muffs isn't one - Clean faced birds pop up all the time. Leg color isn't one. Egg color isn't either, except more recently with newer hatcheries and with more demand for non-brown eggs, but still, Murray McMurray especially just hire breeders to cross whatever. It's a lot like their Blue Andalusians and Frizzles - People get splash and black birds or frazzled birds all the time, when it's as simple as controlling what traits the parents have, and viola, better breeding. But, they don't really care for it because the customers don't.

Not looking for an argument, I see your agreements, I'm just curious of your side it.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom