The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
Don't want to gross anyone out here, but somethings in other cultures are used that people in America throw out. Like heads and feet. Daughter-in-law is Thai. Spend much time in what we call third world, and you will see things eaten that you would never in your life have thought people would eat. It gives new meaning to the word "Survival".

I stayed with an older couple in rural France for three weeks as a teen. The husband also ate portions of the head and feet. I was shocked at first but it quickly became ordinary to see.

I have a EE rooster that is mating with my 2 white Marans hens. I am thinking about hatching some of their eggs and wondered if any one on here has done this combination, and did you end up with any white EE's? I would love to have a few white EE's, or will they all be like the Rooster?

Quote:
If I remember corectly, White Marans are recessive white so you will not get any white EE unless your roo is white or carries one copy of recessive white. I have read White Marans are genetically the same as Black Copper Marans with the addition of recessive white. But you should get some pretty olive eggers.

Quote:
If I remember corectly, White Marans are recessive white so you will not get any white EE unless your roo is white or carries one copy of recessive white. I have read White Marans are genetically the same as Black Copper Marans with the addition of recessive white. But you should get some pretty olive eggers.

So how could I breed to get White EE's using my EE rooster?

Okay... I ended up not getting any more EE's... I was in a rush, and didn't stop to check for them! I got there so early, in fact, that they were popping open the just arrived shipping boxes so I could make my selections!
lol.png

Here's my little blue cochin, she's supposed to be a "pullet" so she better be, and I sure hope she stays that pretty blue color!

2ndpeeps3.jpg

2ndpeeps4.jpg

And then my little Welsummers
2ndpeeps2.jpg

And the new BO's
2ndpeeps1.jpg

So much chickie fun!
If I go to the chicken show tomorrow, I might pick up a 2nd Blue Cochin (if any are left) or find something interesting for sale from one of the exhibitors.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:

If you breed the offspring from this cross together, you would get 25% white olive eggers. Or, you could take a F1 roo and breed him back to the White Marans hens and you would get 50% white birds. If your origonal EE rooster is pure for the blue egg gene then his F1 son will have one copy and when bred back to the Marans hens you will get 50% olive eggers. Or you could buy some eggs from someone with white EEs.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
OMGoodness!!!
love.gif
bow.gif

So adorable!

Why thank you... I quite think so too.... I think I'm getting all "cute"'d out!!! And I'm going to the Poultry Show tomorrow... yikes, I might come back with more!!!​

Quote:
OMGoodness!!!
love.gif
bow.gif

So adorable!

Why thank you... I quite think so too.... I think I'm getting all "cute"'d out!!! And I'm going to the Poultry Show tomorrow... yikes, I might come back with more!!!

Lucky!! I have to wait 21 and 22 more days for mine!!!
roll.png

I had a bad power outage..please pray that my eggs are okay!
fl.gif

Quote:

If you breed the offspring from this cross together, you would get 25% white olive eggers. Or, you could take a F1 roo and breed him back to the White Marans hens and you would get 50% white birds. If your origonal EE rooster is pure for the blue egg gene then his F1 son will have one copy and when bred back to the Marans hens you will get 50% olive eggers. Or you could buy some eggs from someone with white EEs.

Thanks for that explanation! That sounds very interesting. I think I will work at it.

Back
Top Bottom