The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
Is the other Rooster a Faverolle?

He's a Silver Grey Dorking. He was a surprise find as he wasn't advertised and I've been looking for another roo.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Beautiful birds..........I love all of them, especially the one you ate for dinner...... I would of kept him hehehe
You tie your chickens with twine? how does that go over? just curious never seen that before. Kim

Well, my 7 yo brother came out to the coop yesterday and named the 5th EE. Oh man, I really need to get my camera out and take photos of my EE girls. They're just lovely and doing great.

Shoelace --- she's my sweetie-- wants nothing more than to sit on my arm and peep away. Her body is dark brown and barred and she has a coppery/gold neck. She also has the cutests muffs poofing out the sides of her face. She had dark, clear chipmonk markings as a chick.

Dulche --- I thought she would be white, but beautiful buff coloration bleeds into the white from her neck. She looks like a cup of foamy coffee. Her face is clean. She was clean yellow as a chick.

Firebird -- very interesting girl... her comb is redder than the others so I have my suspicions. She has a fantastic hawky looking head, do to having full muffs AND a beard. She is kind of mottled fawn and reddish coloring. She was pale tan with dark chipmonk stripes and eyeliner as a chick.

Biscotti -- she is very dark, nearly black-ish with little flecks of pale gold strewn through her body feathers. She has small muffs, and her neck is pale gold with black streaks. She was solid dark brown as a chick.

And finally... the one my little brother named...

Fairy -- she looks halfway between Shoelace and Biscotti... Dark bodied with a gold-ish neck.... although lots more mottling/streaks through her neck. She was a "blurred" chipmonk chick.

WoW some folks make great pictures and other can make pictures with words ! Some nice birds, redfeather and it sounds as if you are enjoying all of them, watching them grow etc.

Quote:
It is just a temporary thing. They're only on the twine tie-out for the time I take the photo.
wink.png
It's just a sort of "lasso" of twine that goes over their leg so I can get a photo of them without escape just before I "do them in." Otherwise, they live their lives peacefully in a great big 'Bachelor Pad.' I give them plenty attention, but most of it usually goes to my keepers, not my food-roosters.

Just about lost my EE's in the ugly storms rolling through the Carolinas. Walked outside after one round of storms to find it lying on it's side the EE's wandering around the yard. I had locked them back up about an hour earlier when the first storm rolled through. Thankfully they are all ok!

Quote:
I'm not sure. I bought them just over a week ago, and they had very pale pinkish faces. The one with the larger comb had a very small comb. I've marveled at the growth of it over such a short period.
The lady I bought them from claims that at least one of their siblings is laying now.

Their combs get redder and bigger is such a small period of time when they are getting ready to lay soon you'll find your first egg.

They're laying! one has a very light blue egg, and the other a long green egg.

Oh my - Every time I see your avatar it just puts a huge smile on my face.
big_smile.png

Anyway, I've got some EE's in lockdown right now, due to hatch tomorrow or the next day, very excited! They're half Tolbunt Polish, half Wheaten Ameraucana. Should lay gorgeous sky-blue eggs, have a neat "British Araucana" body, and some extremely varied coloration and patterning. About 1 in 5 should look much like their Polish dad in color.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

These are my current babies. Two Banty Cochin x EE crosses and a BLRW x EE cross. Hopefully girls!

Also got some awesome EE's going into the 'bator on Monday. Rumpless/Tufted/Silver Duckwing Araucana over Danish Brown Leghorns and Cuckoo Marans, and Production Black (Barred) Leghorns over Black Ameraucanas. (Or vice versa, actually.)

I'm very excited about this batch.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom