4439_ee_roo_at_15_weeks_003.jpg

4439_cm-ee_roo_at_15_weeks_001.jpg

4439_id_pictures_at_9wks_002.jpg

4439_chicken_pictures_6-11_002.jpg

4439_chickens_4-26_008.jpg

4439_chickens_4-26_016.jpg

Quote:
lau.gif
I know all about birds like Jumper. I have a BR we call "Dumpy", and she has to get her naked butt in evey pic. She finally got some feathers back after 6 months of being saddled, but still no tail.

Lovely birds everyone! Can't wait until my EEs start laying!

Cats Critters- OH, that first chicken you posted looks like an EE I got from MPC--- do you happen to have a better picture of it? I am still trying to figure out if it is a hen or roo at 9 weeks. It has that mean kind of look on its face.

We have 2 adult EE's left of our original first flock.

This is Esther. She is an adorable girl...and so friendly!! Best surrogate mom we could have hoped for
smile.png
She is 4.5 years old atm, and is one of the most curious birds ever. She is always one of the first to come and see what we are doing!
13352_dscf0012.jpg

This is her sister Mercedes on the left... the one showing good manners unlike Esther who is soooo greedy she is diving into the treat lol As a chick she did nothing but run constantly. She still does lol She got her name from my DH who said that he swore he could hear her going VROOM VROOM like a fine tuned engine
tongue.png
She is a fantastic head hen and is a second mom to the new chicks <who are not so chicklike anymore at 20 weeks>

13352_dscf0338.jpg

And these are the babies...taken a few weeks back. You can see the two EE's here.... top left and top middle. One is silver and rust laced, the other is buff with silver highlights. Both have muffs and beards!! Too cute
smile.png

13352_dscf0364.jpg

They truly have their merits! They are easy to purchase, most are very good layers, and they seem very hardy to me. I think the hybrid vigor does help. If you are not worried about color it does not restrict your breeding for egg production. Nice pictures everyone!

Then I think I'll brag about Faun!

I dare say that Faun is the most gorgeous EE I've ever seen in my life. I was going to breed her to my blue Ameraucana roo, but he died yesterday (
barnie.gif
), so now I'm on the hunt for another! I can't wait to see her offspring and hopefully start a project out of her.

12583_img_7465.jpg

Quote:
Frizzless is just the kind of EE roo I was hoping to get...He's so beautiful. My camera died so I don't have any current pics of my ladies and I've got a young EE roo that's all white and black...I think he'll be cool to look at when he's fully feathered. But I would have much rather had one like yours...Wish you lived closer!

Back
Top Bottom