The EE braggers thread!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by KatyTheChickenLady, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Yep, any black chick with the slightest hint of brown on it will turn to look like that, however some may be solid black w/a colored neck. Most hatcheries though if you got a black EE chick, will turn to look like that. Roosters will be different though.

2. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Oh yes from chick to point of lay the changes were very dramatic, just not after molt for my chickens anyway.

3. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    Quote:Thats kindof cool. I need to look more into genetics. Its interesting for sure! My first EE Waffle looks very much like my new girl, but as a chick she looked totally different...though Waffle had more of a laced patern on her chest than this bird's speckles. I guess that makes sense though...all of the laced birds I have had looked similar to that as chicks....and she was a LOT bigger!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Yep that's what I was referring to. From chick fizz to first true molt POL they can change looks.

5. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    Is Mr.Big an Easter Egger??? Just wondering I am not certain what breed he is but I am thinking he is an eater egger, which would be great as I have 5 girls that I know are. Thanks in advance for opinions,

[​IMG]

6. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    Quote:I don't think any breed has Splash as a color that is accepted. Purple legs.... pictures would help.

7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Splash is not a recognized color in any breed except some bantams. Purple? True Ameraucanas have slate blue legs, maybe that's what you're thinking - In splash it is diluted to a pinkish bluish whitish hue.

She might be a true purebred Splash Ameraucana.

8. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    Quote:True Ameraucanas have white soles of their feet and slate colored legs. I think slate is right for most of the accepted colors... not positive though. White soles is right though.

9. jmc

jmc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    South Central MA
    Quote:an 'eater egger' you say???!!!!! [​IMG]

i sure he hope he's not!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

But i think he is a 'weiser drinker' from that picture [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(this i could not resist!!!)

10. Moonchild

Moonchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Spartanburg,SC
    Quote:an 'eater egger' you say???!!!!! [​IMG]

i sure he hope he's not!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

But i think he is a 'weiser drinker' from that picture [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(this i could not resist!!!)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I love my one and only easter egger "Lucy", but I want more!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by