The EE braggers thread!!!

My EE that waited for 9 months to lay her first egg, laid a med egg and is already up to large so maybe she will be a XL layer
clap.gif

My only EE hen is my best layer. A green colored egg large size daily for two years almost straight. She took a brief rest during a fall molt. At this point she is my only EE. I hatcher her from an egg from a Red Star Sex link from MPC. The rooster was an EE from Craigslist who did stay around due to his very aggressive behavior toward humans.
The inside of the eggs from this hen are a nice blue. The insides of my "pure" Ameraucanas are white which makes me wonder ? Seems like I need to put my sweet "Amber" with the "pure" Ameraucanas to make additional EEs who lay nice large eggs with bluish tinge.
Just thinking out loud in print !
jumpy.gif

Quote:
They look so much like my two. One golden and one red. Mine lay green eggs too, a nice surprise. The third in the picture lays brown.
75545_dsc01440.jpg

Last edited:
Thought I would just leave this here:

There are two little Belgian D'Anvers in here, but the rest are EEs and OEs. It's hard to say no to those little fuzzy faces.

Aaah I am soo wanting to hatch out some chicks right now and those are just ADORABLE! The cutie on the far left is telling me he may be a boy though.
hide.gif

OK EE lovers! Tell me this.....what is the diff. between ee's and americaunas? I have 2 that are clean faced and 3 with the muffs........

One of my girls laid this :) :) not sure which one :) but I'm glad that they are laying now if all of them would lay inside the coop and not outside in the run. I had another one but I didn't see it was frozen and cracked. This one was inside the coop :)

Back
Top Bottom