The EE braggers thread!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by KatyTheChickenLady, Dec 5, 2009.

1. ChickenAddict92

ChickenAddict92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2012
    Upstate NY
    Thanks! [​IMG]
  2. fuzzybutt love

fuzzybutt love Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    I have a similar one; thought he was silver. so if i put him with a regular (gold)?duckwing, will the boys still be reddish pattern and the girls white pattern? And what about lavender? will the white be dilluted, or will it stay white? His chest was white with black spangles, but his first true molt brought tons of black. Same with her; she was red and blue even in the face but her molt brought white and black in her head, and red tipped black in her neck and wing pattern, and faint black edging on some of her blue. Is this now their true colors? I have never heard of adult colors changing so much.
  3. vegaschick

vegaschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2009
    Las Vegas
    armdchicken: I gotta agree with grumpypants...that is a beautiful hen. I love the chocolate and copper colors! Your other hen looks like an EE to me. I spy those green legs...!
  4. armdchicken

armdchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2012
    Fairbanks, alaska
    Thanks [​IMG]!
  5. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Not much in the knowledge of ggenetics but that is a beautiful rooster. The one that I have seen usually don't have that much black on them.

If he were mine, him being an Easter Egger, I would put him with a variety of hens then pick out the best colored ones to keep.

This weekend I went to a chicken swap and found a Polish rooster to put over my EE hens to make my crested EE's.
  6. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    He has lots of girls, we did a major move around yesterday and I think he has over 10 all but 2 are EE the 2 are BR for the sexlinks. I think he is a very happy boy this morning. Now I just have to get the young ones out of sleeping in the nest boxes.... yuck!
  7. cmitchell

cmitchell Chillin' With My Peeps

Here is one of my EE roosters that I had intended on sending to freezer camp. I'm having second thoughts and may keep him for an EE breeding project I want to start. Any thoughts on what his coloring would be called?

How many hens to one roo and how big should the breeding pen be (inside coop w/access to run)?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    ^ Melanized Gold Duckwing is what he is. [​IMG]

So, my frizzled EE pullet is continuing to grow and getting more and more awesome as she matures, here's a pic from today -

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
    2 people like this.
  9. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
  10. cmitchell

cmitchell Chillin' With My Peeps

Very cool!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by