The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
I personally have never had an EE that has become more aggressive, only other breeds and them being Roos. But I was checking Craigslist for chickens for sale and their was a post FREE B***CH CHICKEN. The owner is calling her ameracauna

Haha! Saw that post! She didn't LOOK like a B***h!

When I got back into chickens a few years ago I purchased a hen that was a black tailed buff MaranS. She wouldn't get on the roost, she would make loud fighting noises at other chickens and go after them like she was in a cock fight, It can happen. But she's one I didn't raise. That's why EVERYTHING I have now I raised from a chick.

Quote:
I've kept a lot of hatchery Easter Eggers over the last 3 years and they've all had either slate/grey legs or green legs (most had slate).

Here's just a few of them - slate/grey first:

10weeksold002.jpg

gardenchickens004-3.jpg

015-2.jpg

A smaller number had had greenish legs, but I think the greenish tinge usually turned to slate as they mature - at least in my case - these are young EEs:

105weeks001.jpg

Edited to add that only the middle chick in this pic is an EE:

chicksforsale008.jpg

This is an example of an EE starting with green legs and ending up with grey legs:

SplashEE16.jpg

Chickens-adults010.jpg

Last edited:
If you look at those EE legs you can see the different coloring between the toes and underside of the feet in the photos. Where as the Ameracuana have solid coloring, we have a couple black split for Lav hens who's legs are very dark. Wish they all had that leg color.

Love our EE's as much as the Ameracuana

Basically,

Most EE's come in wildtype duckwing, but can really vary from having blue in them, columbian in them, melanizer in them, wheaten in them, etc.

Back
Top Bottom