The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
love.gif
Beautiful!!!
love.gif

Quote:
I hatched some from Lav AM roo over RSL and BSL and California Whites and BR roo x EE and got some very pretty babies. All would have been sold as EE. I have two very pretty I think they came from RSL and they are red with blue in their tail feathers and wings... kinda like a wheaten would. They have muffs and beards and straight combs. Waiting to see the egg color.

I say they are beautiful but, I don't mean they are colorful. The one looks just like a Splash Orpington but, is getting a beard and muff like an EE. The other looks just like a blue Orpington but is getting a beard and muff. Even though they are splash ameraucana/ orpington mix should I expect to see other colors come in neck, shoulder or hackle areas or is it possible for them to stay predominantly solid and still turn out to be boys? I read the post you gave me, thanks so much. I am still confused though because, I don't see the color patterns they are talking about. I don't know if that means they might be girls or if they won't get those color combinations because, of the Orpington in them. I will see if I can't post some pics in the next two days. Even if no one can tell me if they are boys or girls it would still be fun posting pics of them. They are so cute.
tongue.png

Thanks

Quote:

Beautiful = roo.... at least at my house....

There is a thread for showing EE pics as they are growing too.... I don't have that one sorry.

Quote:
yes and yes! they would all lay either green or blue eggs so they would all be easter eggers. I bet you'd get some great variation too. I have a splash wheaten roo and a wheaten along with blue wheaten girls and lots of EEs, I can't wait to get some chicks!

The chicks will make a beautiful an varied flock. Sit back and enjoy the chicks that you do not sell. My buff laced/sex linked EE/under ee rooster resulted in the best producers of light colored LARGE green/blue eggs Yeah
thumbsup.gif

Great! I wanted to get ya'll's opinion if it would be ethical to sell that cross as EE's... Well good. I hope they do sell, I'll probably ask for 2.50 a chick and whatever doesn't sell I'll just give back to my Mother in law, she likes getting colored eggs.. Haha she calls anything that lays a greenish egg "Arianas" and you can NOT tell her any different!
gig.gif

This is Gash. He was hatched from one of my EE hens and my Mille Fleur D'Uccle roo. He is really starting to get pretty, with gorgeous orange, red and gray feathers. His tail feathers are orange and gray and he has orange feathers oaced with gray, red wings and a pretty gray beard/muffs. He also has feathered legs from his papa.
He was attacked by a cat when very young and got a huge chunk of his neck torn, hence his name, Gash. So of course, he has a special place in my heart! He is the sweetest boy and is trained to come and fly onto my arm when I call him.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/59865_2011-11-17_16-48-52_89.jpg

He
just LOVES his corn!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/59865_2011-11-17_16-49-20_924.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Nice hen!!

Love the name (got an Araucana with that name) love the color (nice duckwing) and love her body type (nice wide rear, tail isn't pinched or too high, nice plump body)
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom