The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote: I don't think they mean to be snippy.... they just get frustrated with people selling easter eggers as pure ameraucanas.

Your roo.... it was his coloring. The thick legs and nice big pink comb helped too. Usually roos (EE or Ameraucanas) will have 3 rows NOT ALWAYS.... I have some pullet with that too. There is a thread on sexing EE by there coloring if you want to take a look. You will get pretty good at it with practice.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/463817/easter-egger-sexing-tips-and-tricks-pictures-included

Last edited:
I am quite sad the Midge is really MItch, he has already developed some pretty colors!
that is another sure sign.... it is always the PRETTY ones
hugs.gif

Ok I got this so called Ameraucana last year I'm thinking EE. She was suppose to be 1 year old. I'm think maybe 2 years lol. I didn't real want her or the other 5 this guy had for sale cause they where beat up. 6 hens in with 46 roos. I bought them fattened them up I was given them 4 months to lay or freezer camp time. Six months go by LOL. Only 2 where laying. But all where fat and feathered. So I kept 2 and named them. Roca cause she was the color of Almond Roca and Mrs Clause she had a white fluffy beard! They molted and her beard is black lol and Roca is a much brighter color. I didn't know they could change the plumage color with a molt. I guess sick beat up birds when taken care of can bloom check it out. I know it is the same chicken because of the tear drop shaped comb. wierd

Note the white beard!

Now its dark and the rest of the feathers are brite!

Roca pretty drab looking

Roca after the molt nice double lacing came out!

Last edited:
Kassaundra, I have to know.. because I think your EE rooster Oreo is breathtaking... what did he look like as a chick?
Thanks, he has always been a cutie pie and a ham when it comes to pics so I have plenty:

In this last one he just started getting his "rusting". I had no idea at the time he would develop red colored feathers.

Back
Top Bottom