The EE braggers thread!!!

Thank you! She started out really dark. Here she is during her first week of life. The chick to the right of her is "Friendly". I too love the red in macaroni, but it's making me suspicious.
8ee61170.jpg

And here she is about a week ago.

20b62740.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah mine pretty much looks like her twin! Haha, so I sure hope people comment and say she's a girl! My Golden-laced Wyandotte is already looking like a roo so I definitely don't want another one to turn out to be a boy!

marlo1968 Is it possible that someone is playing with you ? Two months is rather early and pullet eggs as you know are usually smaller plus EE eggs are mostly colored

Kassaundra You have a ton of photographs because you LOVE taking photographs tee hee

peaches2u How wonderful to see the changes on you EE hens after their molt and such shinny and beautiful feather especially on the doubled laced or penciled one. I am sure that good food and care helped them get so beautiful but also it is common for birds to change colors after their molts. EEs do have a reputation for making lovely new shades of blue after the first molt
hide.gif
Guilty as charged.
hide.gif
lol

off grid hen, macoroni is looking more like a boy to me then a girl, but I'm not 100% on him(her) Did you say how old they were?

off grid hen, macoroni is looking more like a boy to me then a girl, but I'm not 100% on him(her)  Did you say how old they were?

I meant to, but I didn't. ;) They'll be 5 weeks old on Monday. Can you explain to this newb why you think boy?

78Vette-nice chicks!

And I love the blue Easter eggers!

Last edited:
Marlo, I don't know his breeding he came from Meyer hatchery. Your little roo willl most likely develop the red too, if he is the same age as Oreo's pic you commented on, he should start "rusting" in a couple of weeks. I think (if I am remembering and quoting Illia correctly) that color in both the male and female has been refered to as silver duck wing based. If I have missunderstood Illia I'm sorry (chicken genetics makes my ears bleed)
Here's a pic of my roo

and pullet

Anybody wanna guess gender? when sexed by a friend, pullet - but seems to me to have a look of roo

Doesn't show up well in the pic, but as I took this her feathers have a purple sheen, I've seen green sheen, but not purple?

Okies. Here are my 4 EE babies, I'm hoping all girls. Already one of my SEXED BC Marans is looking to be a roo. So here goes. These chicks are not named really, so I have given color or personality- related names for the sake of responding and describing the chicks besides ":chick no. 1...". They will be 5 weeks old on Monday.
So based on the feathering patterns tutorial in the EE sexing thread, is macaroni a boy? (should I have posted is there? If so, sorry!)

Goldie

GEDC0026.jpg

Friendly

GEDC0023.jpg

Macaroni

GEDC0018.jpg

Dusty

GEDC0027.jpg

Friendly, Dusty, and Macaroni all together.

GEDC0025.jpg

Macaroni is the only boy I see so far.

Here's a pic of my roo

and pullet

Anybody wanna guess gender? when sexed by a friend, pullet - but seems to me to have a look of roo

Doesn't show up well in the pic, but as I took this her feathers have a purple sheen, I've seen green sheen, but not purple?
The last black and white one is a definite cockerel! Brown/gold and black second to last of all is a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom