The EE braggers thread!!!

That new poultry purchasing law sounds about right for politicians: those who know nothing are making the "informed decisions" for those of us who actually know something about the topic. It's about like that with gun laws, seat belt laws, motorcycle helmet laws, you name it. It always seems that we get much more government than we need or want, BUT, they can't do the things that we need them to do.

I just want to raise my chickens and work my garden, etc.....

Just got three EEs!!! Very happy, all look healthy =) One is the traditional chickmunk pattern, but has silver on the body, the other is white, and one is brown, with silver and blue =)))) Question, one doesn't appear to have muffs, it's only two days old. Will the come in?
Some EEs don't ever get muffs. Here is one of mine....lays a nice light seafoam green egg. But only time will tell if she grows one or not. On your EEs, were they straight run or sexed pullets? Usually white ones end up roos.

Hi All!
Anyone near the Philadelphia / NE area that would like some ~3 month old F1 EEs???
ya.gif

They are first generation, Daddy was a pure Blue Ameraucana [from a show breeder] and Moms were:
1. Black Silkie [lays an almost white egg]
2. P Barred Rock [lays a pinkish egg]
3. Black Australorp [lays a pinkish light brown egg]

They all have nice fluffy beards, dark legs [not green], the silkie crosses have crest/tufts and feathered feet, should have pea combs, and there is a mix of blues and blacks. The blacks are even getting their green/purple/blue beetle sheen. Truly, all those colors are in there.

I have two known cockerels--One Blue, One a Blue Barred Rock [he's gorgeous--both are].

The rest I am sure or strongly believe are pullets.
celebrate.gif

I'm keeping a couple but can't keep all. All chicks look very Ameraucana-like [except the silkie EEs]

If there's any interest, I'll post pictures this evening.
Here's a shot of the Daddy's sisters' eggs. They are a really nice blue so the chicks should make nice blue green eggs!

I got a egg and it is huge! I went together eggs yesterday and thought that looks green. I got out in better light and low and behold it is and what a whopper. I think it came from Strawberry my oldest EE. When I got her over a month ago The man said she laid olive green eggs. This is more mint green to me, but I'm happy.

SL Wyandotte??, EE, Brown Leghorn, Australorp??
I'm not for sure who is laying the brown, I have 1 SLW and 2 Aust. I'm 99% sure the Aust is laying the lightest brown egg. The white is a sz lg so you can see how big the other two are. The nest pic doesn't show the color good but it does the size. Now keep in mind I have small hands. I hope I get another today to see if the stay that big.

I got a egg and it is huge! I went together eggs yesterday and thought that looks green. I got out in better light and low and behold it is and what a whopper. I think it came from Strawberry my oldest EE. When I got her over a month ago The man said she laid olive green eggs. This is more mint green to me, but I'm happy.

SL Wyandotte??, EE, Brown Leghorn, Australorp??
I'm not for sure who is laying the brown, I have 1 SLW and 2 Aust. I'm 99% sure the Aust is laying the lightest brown egg. The white is a sz lg so you can see how big the other two are. The nest pic doesn't show the color good but it does the size. Now keep in mind I have small hands. I hope I get another today to see if the stay that big.

Beautiful colors!!

Quote:
My TSC has a 6 chick minimum so I figure I am safe since my coop wont hold that many more.
I did inquire about a craigslisting free chickens nearby (2 roos(dinner), 2 hens(adults so could hold their own on the pecking order)). Thankfully, this snow stopped me from doing more because my chickens can't get out of the coop (I can barely get in-blizzards aren't common in my area so how do northerners deal with it?) so I have no where to put them for quarantine. I do feel bad that I haven't replied after asking about breed; but I try telling myself that they are probably old and tough and probably no laying well, My chickens are doing fine in their confined space because I heeded the warnings of overcrowding and I have 4 sq. ft. per bird.

CG

Back
Top Bottom