The EE braggers thread!!!

So I have the best hubby in the world!!!!! He got me a Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO incubator for my bday!!!!! It'll be here the end of the month. SO excited
celebrate.gif
Def going to try it out when it gets here which means I get to hatch more eggs!!!!!
yesss.gif

Thank you all very much for your input! I think my gals after looking at your pics most likely are EE -which is fine by me, now excited to see who lays what color eggs this summer
smile.png
Thank you all again you have helped me alot
smile.png
i will be def. Be jumping on here and watching the thread and learn as much as i can.Gotta say love all the info on BYC.
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

Most hatcheries claim a 90% accuracy rate for correctly sexing the chicks. There are some early signs to watch for to see if you have one of the 10% EE cockerels. Starting around 5-6 weeks (or later), a cockerel will get a more prominent comb that will turn a bright raspberry pink/red. Also, many boys will get patches of rusty red coming in on the upper 'shoulder' part of the wings. The pullets' combs stay relatively flat and pale until they are ready to start laying eggs.

Have fun with your EEs. You'll love them!!!

So i went to rural king today and i was only going to get some saw dust....... but i had to get at least one. I wanted to get more, but im going to wait probably another week or two. i also got a light brahma chick because the other chick had to have a buddy, of course. I was going to get one of the traditional chipmunk ones but i had to get the oddball. It was the only dark one there was. She (i hope) already has a litlle fluff on her checks but you cant see it very well, she wouldnt hold still.

Just need to think of a name!

So i went to rural king today and i was only going to get some saw dust....... but i had to get at least one. I wanted to get more, but im going to wait probably another week or two. i also got a light brahma chick because the other chick had to have a buddy, of course. I was going to get one of the traditional chipmunk ones but i had to get the oddball. It was the only dark one there was. She (i hope) already has a litlle fluff on her checks but you cant see it very well, she wouldnt hold still.

Just need to think of a name!
The last ones I got, there were two in the bunch that were dark like that. They both turned out to be roos. I am glad I got them though
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom