The EE braggers thread!!!

Here is a pic of my newest EE/OE she is 7 weeks old now. Her name is Speedy given by my 7yo DD lol I wanted to name her Captain Black Beard lol kids said NO

I really hope Speedy is a girl. We just lost our other EE chick who was a crossbeak this past sat the kids were sooooo upset as was I.

Here are a few more pics

So far I think Speedy is a girl. The black and white makes us EE people a little nervous for it being a boy (b/c they so often are) however her comb is nice and small and flesh colored, her patterning across her back and wings are very regular, and not "splotchy" and there is no "rusting" breaking out in those same areas (red feathering when it begins it looks like the feathers are starting to get rust spots)

Oh and I forgot, she has a nice full tail at 7 weeks, EE boys typically (not always) are slow to feather out thier tails.

Last edited:

This is the Araucana that I purchased yesterday. Can anyone tell me about the "fuzzy feet?" That became the name my son gave her (I hope).
smile.png

I think she's a girl, it's the penciled feathers that make it look like she has saddle feathers. She's pretty!

So far I think Speedy is a girl. The black and white makes us EE people a little nervous for it being a boy (b/c they so often are) however her comb is nice and small and flesh colored, her patterning across her back and wings are very regular, and not "splotchy" and there is no "rusting" breaking out in those same areas (red feathering when it begins it looks like the feathers are starting to get rust spots)

Oh and I forgot, she has a nice full tail at 7 weeks, EE boys typically (not always) are slow to feather out thier tails.
Thanks!She is a pretty chicken. I think shes a girl

Last edited:
Here is a pic of my newest EE/OE she is 7 weeks old now. Her name is Speedy given by my 7yo DD lol I wanted to name her Captain Black Beard lol kids said NO

What color was Speedy as a chick? I picked up a mostly all black one thinking I could get a really neat colored adult, but I'm new at this chicken thing-got my first BR girls, last May.

Back
Top Bottom