The EE braggers thread!!!

The dad was a roo that was in the pen with the hen when I adopted her when I got her home I collected what eggs I could from her to incubate only one was fertile. He was of the same mix as the mom I believe they are silkie Ameraucana maybe cochin crosses but cant be sure.
This is him but not my pic(pic was taken by the original owner)

and my hen Ziggy

and their baby Margo

Last edited:
Her dad was a roo that was in the pen with the hen when I adopted her when I got her home I collected what eggs I could from her to incubate only one was fertile. He was of the same mix as the mom I believe they are silkie Ameraucana maybe cochin crosses but cant be sure.
This is him but not my pic(pic was taken by the original owner)

and my hen Ziggy

and their baby Margo
Very handsome boy!

I finally got my first EE egg! It was blue/green color.I was going to take a picture of it but i aciddently dropped it, because my goat kept running in to me. 11 1/2 months but i finally have me a blueish egg:).

I finally got my first EE egg! It was blue/green color.I was going to take a picture of it but i aciddently dropped it, because my goat kept running in to me. 11 1/2 months but i finally have me a blueish egg:).
Ugg...that has been my worst nigthmare....that I will drop my first blue egg....hoping to have one within four weeks. Anyway, I have never in my life dropped an egg and when I was moving my Isbar hatching eggs out of the turner and putting them in lockdown, I dropped one of the eggs!!!!! It made me physically ill. I picked up that poor chick and said over and over how sorry I was as I watched it die in my hands!!! Dropping eggs, ugg, I don't ever want that to happen again as long as I live!!!!

BuT, I'm glad you will be getting beautiful eggs!

Ugg...that has been my worst nigthmare....that I will drop my first blue egg....hoping to have one within four weeks. Anyway, I have never in my life dropped an egg and when I was moving my Isbar hatching eggs out of the turner and putting them in lockdown, I dropped one of the eggs!!!!! It made me physically ill. I picked up that poor chick and said over and over how sorry I was as I watched it die in my hands!!! Dropping eggs, ugg, I don't ever want that to happen again as long as I live!!!!

Thanks and what a teribble experience that must have been. I qurantee i would have been crying and telling it the same thing. I have a soft spot for animals. My goat made me so mad, he thinks he needs to eat the chickens, special mix that the feed mill makes, although he had oats, corn, and hay to eat. I very thankful that this egg wasnt fertile.

an update on the December chicks... just one turned out to be a cockerel, and it was one of the brown chicks that no one suspected.

and my broody bantam hatched one of three eggs, a BR x EE! she's a doting Mama, I hope she wants to hatch more

I can understand that feeling ill. I think I would have, too. I do hope that you never have to go thru that again. I love to eat eggs, but everytime I wonder what the chick would have looked like.

Back
Top Bottom