The EE braggers thread!!!

Mmhmm, I think you are right. She's about 6 weeks and I thought the comb was way to small for her to be a roo.

Last edited:
my December chicks have grown up and are laying beautiful eggs in a variety of blues, greens, and creams... and the bantam Cochin EE I was so lucky to get from a fellow byc'er hatched one chick out of three eggs in mid winter, a BR x EE, turns out to be a little cockerel, but he's really cute!

this last one shows the boys during their last day with the girls. they have their own 10' x 20' pen now.
Very beautiful birds, love the white and black hens
fl.gif
some day I can figure out the genetics of those and hatch some blue egg laying fluffy faced black and white girls! Just need to get dominant white and columbian somewhere... hmmm.....

Kay, so this doesn't exactly apply straight to EE's, but I was wondering if anyone has introduced chicks lately. I'm wanting to introduce my four chicks (when they're ready) by putting them on the roost at night when my hens are sleeping. Has anyone tried that, and if so did it go as planned or did it go horribly wrong?
I have been slowly introducing 2 easter egg chicks to my older chicks...First I free ranged them together for about 30 minutes a day,supervised.Then I moved the new chicks cage into the coop for a couple weeks.Some days I would close off the coop so it was only them so they could move around and feel comfortable in there.Still need to do that for the run I guess as they don't want to come out of the henhouse on their own yet.Just let them sleep outside the cage last night,woke up and they were still there this morning so I guess things are going well.Just takes some dedication and patience.Hope all goes well with your new chicks.
smile.png

They are just beautiful!
my December chicks have grown up and are laying beautiful eggs in a variety of blues, greens, and creams... and the bantam Cochin EE I was so lucky to get from a fellow byc'er hatched one chick out of three eggs in mid winter, a BR x EE, turns out to be a little cockerel, but he's really cute! this last one shows the boys during their last day with the girls. they have their own 10' x 20' pen now.

thanks for the compliments! they are all so fluffy and wonderful... it was a smooth transition when they were introduced to the big gang and moved into the dome as permanent residents. amazingly, more than a few of them started to lay between 17-19 weeks, and were all laying by 20 weeks. I don't know who all lays which eggs, but I do know a few... such enjoyment! so glad Spring has finally gotten ahold of the mountain top, the flat land has dandelions already, I should have them too in another week, my little Pug loves them as much as the chickens do!

Alright, I need help from you eggsperts out there. Is this a pea comb? [/URL]
Yes, sort of. It looks like pea and rose mixed. I have a couple of EEs with combs like that. One has a ridge like yours while the other didn't show the pea influence until the comb developed.

My three new EE chicks! It is amazing how different they are yet all EE.

The camera flash scared the chick but nice wing spread!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom