The EE braggers thread!!!

Hika Ma at 13 days old! Pretty sure he's a boy at this point. The three rows of peas showed up on his comb and his feet are pretty big.

Last edited:
Our "Americana" chick is the biggest personality of the bunch, and the kids' favorite. Here are some pics of "Chickley":

(Chickley is on the left, Peep the BO on the right)

The last one is at about six weeks. Pullet? I think so...

Last edited:
OK, I have about 30 chicks, six weeks old (hatched April 7) and it looks like almost all are roos if you just look at huge legs and fast feathering of wings and tails.

These are from a red EE roo over Welsummer, WelsummerXLeghorn, and EE hens (one black, one white and one salt & pepper)

There are a lot of obvious boys with single, pea and combo combs, turning pretty red already, like this guy

Then there are some I'm not so sure about, like this one:

This one has huge thick legs like the boys, but I'm not sure yet; wondering what the experts think

OK, I have about 30 chicks, six weeks old (hatched April 7) and it looks like almost all are roos if you just look at huge legs and fast feathering of wings and tails. These are from a red EE roo over Welsummer, WelsummerXLeghorn, and EE hens (one black, one white and one salt & pepper) There are a lot of obvious boys with single, pea and combo combs, turning pretty red already, like this guy Then there are some I'm not so sure about, like this one: This one has huge thick legs like the boys, but I'm not sure yet; wondering what the experts think
The second one has pullet coloring. With EE's I don't think leg thickness can tell you much of anything because of their mixed heritage.

Our little EE's finally have their coop finished, thanks to my daughter, son in law and granddaughters!
Here are some photos of their first look at their new home.

You can see they dont look very anxious to get out of the basket! The one perching is little miss bravery!

They finally ventured out but are still a little bashful. :)

The brave one climbed up on some boxes with hay in them and just stood there looking around and letting me pet her. I think she was feeling a bit insecure even though she is so brave!

The second one has pullet coloring. With EE's I don't think leg thickness can tell you much of anything because of their mixed heritage.

Thanks. I wondered about it because with my BO I can tell first by the boys feathering in wings and tails much faster than the girls and their legs being thicker. BUT I had some BOxBR that I wasn't positive about until the girls started laying at 16-18 weeks. They all had really thick legs and the girls combs colored up not too far behind the boys. So I wondered, especially on the EExWelsummer chicks if they had some 'hybrid vigor' and would show the same way.

Guess I will have to wait just a bit longer to be sure.

OK, I have about 30 chicks, six weeks old (hatched April 7) and it looks like almost all are roos if you just look at huge legs and fast feathering of wings and tails. These are from a red EE roo over Welsummer, WelsummerXLeghorn, and EE hens (one black, one white and one salt & pepper) There are a lot of obvious boys with single, pea and combo combs, turning pretty red already, like this guy Then there are some I'm not so sure about, like this one: This one has huge thick legs like the boys, but I'm not sure yet; wondering what the experts think
I have two EE's that look like yours, girls.

Back
Top Bottom