The EE braggers thread!!!

So I purchased some EE a few weeks back, and boy they've grown! They completely caught up to my other chicks in size and have feathered out. But I'm a bit of a novice, so I expected the two EE chicks to look like each other as they grew. They do not even remotely resemble each other. Is that normal? I am also afraid that my one with fluffy cheeks is a roo since my d'uccle roo has fluffy cheeks.

This is Eagle:

And this is Chipmunk:

Is it normal for them to turn out so differently?

So I purchased some EE a few weeks back, and boy they've grown! They completely caught up to my other chicks in size and have feathered out. But I'm a bit of a novice, so I expected the two EE chicks to look like each other as they grew. They do not even remotely resemble each other. Is that normal? I am also afraid that my one with fluffy cheeks is a roo since my d'uccle roo has fluffy cheeks.

This is Eagle:

And this is Chipmunk:

Is it normal for them to turn out so differently?

It is completely normal for them to look completely different - its why they are a mix instead of a "breed".

Don't worry about the fluffy faces - all EEs used to have fluffy faces until the hatcheries lost the gene somewhere along the line. Fluffy faces does not equal male.

From what I can see of your birds you have two females.

So I purchased some EE a few weeks back, and boy they've grown! They completely caught up to my other chicks in size and have feathered out. But I'm a bit of a novice, so I expected the two EE chicks to look like each other as they grew. They do not even remotely resemble each other. Is that normal? I am also afraid that my one with fluffy cheeks is a roo since my d'uccle roo has fluffy cheeks. This is Eagle: And this is Chipmunk: Is it normal for them to turn out so differently?
yes it is completly normal. You can habe to identical chicks and end up with two completly different adults. And your second chicken and is a female and i think the first on is too.

Back
Top Bottom