The EE braggers thread!!!

4 week(ish) EE. Pullet or Roo? I initially thought pullet because the tail feathers came in very quickly! Wish these guys were easier to sex!
Well.....it can be difficult with EE's, but how much fun to get so many varieties!! I'm no expert, but that 3 ridge row of peas on the comb makes me want to go roo....need to watch the feather pattern over the next few weeks. If the patterns stay equally blended, got a shot at a pullet, if they start to blotch out with separations of single colored areas, gotta watch for the roo. Some EE roos can keep you guessing for a while, 'til the saddle feathers grow or they start to crow, which ever comes first...:confused:

Well.....it can be difficult with EE's, but how much fun to get so many varieties!! I'm no expert, but that 3 ridge row of peas on the comb makes me want to go roo....need to watch the feather pattern over the next few weeks. If the patterns stay equally blended, got a shot at a pullet, if they start to blotch out with separations of single colored areas, gotta watch for the roo.
Some EE roos can keep you guessing for a while, 'til the saddle feathers grow or they start to crow, which ever comes first...
hu.gif
X 2, hoping for a girl for you, but those legs are mighty thick and that comb looks boyish. The splotchy coloring will be your first give away that it is a boy, then red spots across the back / wings.

I have three new hatchery EEs.
smile.png
2 weeks old, ordered all pullets. Lets hope for the best. So far I've bought local EEs and got 9 out of 9 roos...
sad.png

They are all the same size with nice amount of tail feathers and tiny little petite legs.

Golden Girls Themed babies:

Sophia at 2 weeks

20130716_130911_zps1053e240.jpg

Dorothy at 2 weeks

20130716_1311070_zps60c6e084.jpg

Blanche at 2 weeks

20130716_131028_zps4da658bb.jpg
Wishing you the best of luck.This is just MY opinion, but i wouldnt buy anymore chickens from whoever you were getting them from locally because it sounds like they are just selling you roos.Or maybe they didnt know they were roos, but 9 out of 9.

Wishing you the best of luck.This is just MY opinion, but i wouldnt buy anymore chickens from whoever you were getting them from locally because it sounds like they are just selling you roos.Or maybe they didnt know they were roos, but 9 out of 9.

Haha for sure. Thing was it wasn't from the same person! Thought 4 originally from feed store.

Then 3 from a local lady.

Then the two that a swap lady called silver Americanas.

Now I got these from Mt. HEALTHY hatchery as sexed pullets. I know its not 100% but all of them already have way more feathers then the ones I've raised in the past! Plus two have that nice orange female color on their breasts coming in. The other has just brown.

So fingers crossed that I may get a pullet or two!!!

It's early but Sophia, Dorothy, and Blanche all have feminine looks so far. Not 100% yet but I'd be very surprised if you had a cockerel in there.

I have three new hatchery EEs. :) 2 weeks old, ordered all pullets. Lets hope for the best. So far I've bought local EEs and got 9 out of 9 roos... :(

They are all the same size with nice amount of tail feathers and tiny little petite legs.

Golden Girls Themed babies:

Sophia at 2 weeks

20130716_130911_zps1053e240.jpg

Dorothy at 2 weeks

20130716_1311070_zps60c6e084.jpg

Blanche at 2 weeks

20130716_131028_zps4da658bb.jpg

They are adorable! Hoping they are all pullets! :fl

Haha for sure. Thing was it wasn't from the same person! Thought 4 originally from feed store.

Then 3 from a local lady.

Then the two that a swap lady called silver Americanas.

Now I got these from Mt. HEALTHY hatchery as sexed pullets. I know its not 100% but all of them already have way more feathers then the ones I've raised in the past! Plus two have that nice orange female color on their breasts coming in. The other has just brown.

So fingers crossed that I may get a pullet or two!!!
O, well then it just sounds like you have bad luck. I thought you got them all from the same person. If this dosent work out, i will ask my local rural king where they get there chicks. Because in the last 3 or 4 years I have got chicks their and I have never ever had a rooster.And I have bought a lot of EEs from them. And I usually have terrible luck.

Back
Top Bottom