The EE braggers thread!!!

Woohoo! I will be thrilled if she is actually a she! Her tail hasn't come in yet, maybe she is rumpless?
hmm.png
Check the rear end - looks like it has a tail it just hasn't grown in yet.
hide.gif
My only slow tail growing ones all ended up being male.. and that sure is a pink comb for that age...

But I have never had a bird that color.. so there is still a chance..

silly Afro Chicken, he sits like a hen =P

Toni investigating the camera made for some funny shots of her

Dom is really coming into his rooster feathers now!

miss Rue kept me guessing for a LONG time whether she was in fact a she, what with her 3 row pea comb! but at about 13 weeks, im pretty confident she is a she

my moms silkie/ameraucana girly that i REALLY want to steal! been taking care of her for the last 3-4 weeks or so because her chickens at home are much younger.

Stumpy's tail isnt so stumpy anymore! hes growing up *tear* sad that i have to rehome him and Bobby :( too many roosters

Last edited:
You know you really need to convince your mom that she needs to let you breed Afro Chicken to her for some babies of your own. I think they would be stunning.
silly Afro Chicken, he sits like a hen =P

my moms silkie/ameraucana girly that i REALLY want to steal! been taking care of her for the last 3-4 weeks or so because her chickens at home are much younger.

You know you really need to convince your mom that she needs to let you breed Afro Chicken to her for some babies of your own. I think they would be stunning.

im actually wondering what id get if i bred Afro Chicken (silkie/black copper maran) to one of my silkie girls, and then breed the most colorful outcome to another silkie girl and so on, since afro chicken has that vibrant orange over black... basically, i want a colorful silkie! haha

thats how my mom convinced me to get chickens. i LOVE genetics so im going to have such fun with breeding these guys to see what i can get!

Last edited:
im actually wondering what id get if i bred Afro Chicken (silkie/black copper maran) to one of my silkie girls, and then breed the most colorful outcome to another silkie girl and so on, since afro chicken has that vibrant orange over black... basically, i want a colorful silkie! haha

thats how my mom convinced me to get chickens. i LOVE genetics so im going to have such fun with breeding these guys to see what i can get!
Love this post.I also love genetics and chickens are a great way to enjoy genetics.It has been a life long hobby.I know you will have fun.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom