The EE braggers thread!!!

I have been gone and catching up on posts.Saw some posts about broodies.Here is a bantam EE broodie with lots of chicks.She hatched some but most are from the incubator.She is a excellent protector of chicks.She will come at you like a fighting cock to protect her chicks.Not for everyone but I admire her spirit.She is really a light brown ameraucana project color.

I have been gone and catching up on posts.Saw some posts about broodies.Here is a bantam EE broodie with lots of chicks.She hatched some but most are from the incubator.She is a excellent protector of chicks.She will come at you like a fighting cock to protect her chicks.Not for everyone but I admire her spirit.She is really a light brown ameraucana project color.
Sounds like she is a great mom! I can't wait until I have another EE or ameraucana go broody so they can set on eggs for me. They always get a better hatch rate than I do!

I love my sweet EE but was so disappointed after waiting 5 months to see what her egg color would be, blue, green or even pink....I ended up with a beige just like my speckled sussex egg. I so wanted a colored egg. she is the most friendliest of our flock though. oh well.-lisa

I love my sweet EE but was so disappointed after waiting  5 months to see what her egg color would be, blue, green or even pink....I ended up with a beige just like my speckled sussex egg. I so wanted a colored egg. she is the most friendliest of our flock though. oh well.-lisa
Yes, they are sweet birds, but the mystery (what they will look like, the color of their egg) to me is part of the fun! ;)

Here are some fun photos of fiona. Still hoping she turns out to be a SHE lol.

Pretty chicken anyways though.

Here is my little Olive Egger roo. He is scared to death of everything even me when on the ground but once I put him on my shoulder her is all cool. His name is Redwing. He is a Ameriacauna/Marans. My problem is when he gets big enough to crow. I am not supposed to have roosters.

Back
Top Bottom