The EE braggers thread!!!

Today's bounty... love my EEs!
love.gif

You can neuter them. No crow, less aggression. No babies either tho but if that wasn't your plan...this is done for making a Capon, a rooster that can grow up to a good eating size, makes the meat better in general but in some cases its used to keep roosters as pets only. Not for everyone! But there's always options if you *need* to keep a sweetheart boy and can't due to noise restrictions or aggression. EEs aren't really great eating birds. But not having to just give away xtra roosters is nice.
Here is my little Olive Egger roo. He is scared to death of everything even me when on the ground but once I put him on my shoulder her is all cool. His name is Redwing. He is a Ameriacauna/Marans. My problem is when he gets big enough to crow. I am not supposed to have roosters.

I love my sweet EE but was so disappointed after waiting 5 months to see what her egg color would be, blue, green or even pink....I ended up with a beige just like my speckled sussex egg. I so wanted a colored egg. she is the most friendliest of our flock though. oh well.-lisa
Happen to me, too. She has a pea comb, slate colored legs, and beard/muffs.....light beige egg.

Here are some fun photos of fiona. Still hoping she turns out to be a SHE lol.

Pretty chicken anyways though.

I would say SHE..Very similiar coloring to my Roo born mid March, He is Much more "Rooish" now than she is.

Here he is 2 months ago, he now has alot of green in his hackles and Tail and a much bigger brighter comb, thick legs, etc.
I think OB and Fiona would make good Chicks, LOL!

I was excited to find this thread! I love EE's! I just got 3 new EE chicks last week. I've got 2 that are a few years old(and still laying strong!). Here's some pics of my new babies and some of my older 2. I can't wait to see how the new ones feather out! The yellow chick has white feathers coming in! Will it end up all white? I don't have any EE roos so when it's old enough to breed I'm wondering which roo would be best...I have a buff laced polish roo,a silver spangled hamburg roo, and possibly a partridge rock roo(not sure about it yet). I'm having trouble understanding genetics but I'm very interested in it! If I can't put them with another EE what could I breed them with to keep most of the EE traits? If I mated the white EE with my buff laced polish roo would the chicks be light colored and have crests and keep the beard/muffs? And would they still lay colored eggs? I've tried that chicken calculator but I don't know how to put in an EE. Has anyone crossed their EE's with other chickens?

I don't have any EE roos so when it's old enough to breed I'm wondering which roo would be best...I have a buff laced polish roo,a silver spangled hamburg roo, and possibly a partridge rock roo(not sure about it yet). I'm having trouble understanding genetics but I'm very interested in it! If I can't put them with another EE what could I breed them with to keep most of the EE traits? If I mated the white EE with my buff laced polish roo would the chicks be light colored and have crests and keep the beard/muffs? And would they still lay colored eggs? I've tried that chicken calculator but I don't know how to put in an EE. Has anyone crossed their EE's with other chickens?
I think I'd try the polish roo...1) white eggs plus blue eggs equal more blue (or at least not green when you mix brown with blue)
2) polish crest plus EE beard equals cute (is your polish bearded or non-bearded?)
I think I've seen some photos on the polish threads or maybe I've seen polishxEE on the EE threads. Sorry, not much help.

Of course, since you have three roo options, you might want to give each roo a chance with the EE hens and see what the results are.

CG

Back
Top Bottom