The EE braggers thread!!!

I'm relatively new at the chicken thing and I think I have a wanna be broody EE bantam. She started laying about 4 weeks ago. Today is her 24 week bday. She has been in one of our nest boxes most of the last two days. I would love some babies! The eggs probably are fertile as we have roosters. Is she too young? How should I approach this?
She may be too young, but if you have older hens you can put their fertile eggs under her. I did that with two of my hens this summer. Got eggs from my neighbor. They all hatched!

She may be too young, but if you have older hens you can put their fertile eggs under her.  I did that with two of my hens this summer.  Got eggs from my neighbor.  They all hatched! 
No older hens. She is a favorite of my Roos... Lol they love her and she has the missing feathers to prove it poor baby. So I just wonder if at 24 weeks will she sit for 3 weeks? That's wonderful that all of your eggs hatched. How were they as mommies?

I was told she was about 4.5 months.
I have two EE's that are white and black like yours and mine are both hens!
big_smile.png

No older hens. She is a favorite of my Roos... Lol they love her and she has the missing feathers to prove it poor baby. So I just wonder if at 24 weeks will she sit for 3 weeks? That's wonderful that all of your eggs hatched. How were they as mommies?
The Silkie was a fabulous mom. We lost her to a bear last night! Makes me sick. I am sure she was protecting the one baby that we kept! We lost 4 other chickens and a runner duck. Our coop and run are very strong...only weak spot was the door...and that is what got torn apart! So my husband is now redoing the door. But, we lost my welsummer (the other broody), my silkie, a speckled Sussex, my wonderful Rhode Island Red and my beautiful Blue Laced Red Wyandotte roo. And my female Runner duck! The other thing that makes me sick is that a man wanted to buy my rooster and I told him to wait until today!!! If I had him come for him yesterday, he would have still been alive!

Back
Top Bottom