The EE braggers thread!!!

i got my shipment in from MM hatchery. my mom ordered 2 EE females and its looking like the mystery chick is another EE. hopeing though that its not a roo, since i still have 2 older roos looking for a home. but they are so cute!

the one to the left is the "mystery" chick.

The Silkie was a fabulous mom.  We lost her to a bear last night!  Makes me sick.  I am sure she was protecting the one baby that we kept!  We lost 4 other chickens and a runner duck.  Our coop and run are very strong...only weak spot was the door...and that is what got torn apart!  So my husband is now redoing the door.  But, we lost my welsummer (the other broody), my silkie, a speckled Sussex, my wonderful Rhode Island Red and my beautiful Blue Laced Red Wyandotte roo.  And my female Runner duck!  The other thing that makes me sick is that a man wanted to buy my rooster and I told him to wait until today!!!  If I had him come for him yesterday, he would have still been alive!

So sorry :( I would expect it to come back for more, they can tear right into the side of a coop. You need a good electric wire around your coop and run that will give him a good jolt and save the chickens.

I just picked up an EE! She is pretty. She is this blie and biff color has a beard and a pea comb. I will tru and post pocs sometime during the weekend. She is really noce to a little nervous bringing her to her new home but she has calmed down.

The Silkie was a fabulous mom.  We lost her to a bear last night!  Makes me sick.  I am sure she was protecting the one baby that we kept!  We lost 4 other chickens and a runner duck.  Our coop and run are very strong...only weak spot was the door...and that is what got torn apart!  So my husband is now redoing the door.  But, we lost my welsummer (the other broody), my silkie, a speckled Sussex, my wonderful Rhode Island Red and my beautiful Blue Laced Red Wyandotte roo.  And my female Runner duck!  The other thing that makes me sick is that a man wanted to buy my rooster and I told him to wait until today!!!  If I had him come for him yesterday, he would have still been alive!
I'm so so sorry!! How horrible for you. My beautiful EE roo was killed a couple months ago protecting his girls. It was my first experience with any animal dieing. It is so heartbreaking I know. Goldie is still sitting on the nest. I added one more bantam egg and one smallish LF egg today. We'll see what happens.

Is there a name for this pattern on my roo?

Ok so I just checked on Goldie and locked everyone up. One of my 13 week Spitzhauben's is snuggling with Goldie and her 3 eggs in the nest box... Not sure what to do about this???

Back
Top Bottom