The EE braggers thread!!!

Looks like a silver with red leakage on the wings. I believe that would be a combination of the silver and the red pyle color patterns. Does he have a blue bar on his wings? If so then he is a silver duck wing. There are no standards of pure bred colors in EEs but you can identify some of the color patterns by observation. Of course they can be hiding lots of other patterns that are recessive and only come out in their offspring. Are the hackle feathers on his lower back also reddish or are they lemon yellow? If yellow that can indicate another gene at work. He is a lovely colored roo.

Thank you! Thats what i was thinking! Silver duck wing. Yes he has blue bar on wing. And the hackle feathers are yellow with the blue color in the center. Do any of these colors tell you what he could be bred from? Im breeding him with my blue ee hens. And im wonder what kind of color offspring i can expect and what color eggs.

Last fall I bought a bunch of EEs of different ages from beehappy4ever. One of the boys in that batch I kept had a lavender orp daddy and EE mother. Earl Grey is really turning into a stud muffin!

There are more pics of Earl and of some of my youngest EE girls (out of another boy) on today's blog post, link in my sig. I loved another hens coloring, partridge patterned in gold and soft grey and bred her to Earl. Their eggs are due Thurs, can't wait to see what I get.

frow.gif
haven't been around in a while. The pics are all beautiful as usual
wink.png

I kept 2 EEs out of my Easter day hatch and they are pullets. These pics are old but they are PS and Pet's babies so their names are PB (Pet's Baby) and PBS (Pet's Baby's Sister)

I have one little chick that was hatched 4-6 weeks ago and I am not sure on sex. So I am coming to the experts to ask for opinions on this little one. The mom has spoiled "her" rotten.

Thanks

frow.gif
haven't been around in a while. The pics are all beautiful as usual
wink.png

I kept 2 EEs out of my Easter day hatch and they are pullets. These pics are old but they are PS and Pet's babies so their names are PB (Pet's Baby) and PBS (Pet's Baby's Sister)

I have one little chick that was hatched 4-6 weeks ago and I am not sure on sex. So I am coming to the experts to ask for opinions on this little one. The mom has spoiled "her" rotten.

Thanks

The salmon color on the breast screams Girl!

Back
Top Bottom