The EE braggers thread!!!

I want to say that I'm glad to see I'm not  the only one who leave lots of treats where the broody can reach without getting up. 

Guilty of spoiling them rotten too.....oh well, when it comes to hatching and it's fever...I feel so much better knowing I'm in good company.

And I always wondered what this chicken math thingy was all about when I first started out with a roo and 2 hens?? Duh...:/

Yep, probably need to pick up a new pen...or 2...or....:th
Chirp

Quote: He is not a Blue Ameraucana, but he appears to have a nice fluffy face, dark legs and a pea comb. I bet he carries the blue egg gene and will make you some pretty Easter Eggers. If I had to guess I would say he was a cross between a Blue Ameraucana and a Wheaten Ameraucana - not an accepted cross but works for an Easter Egger!

He is not a Blue Ameraucana, but he appears to have a nice fluffy face, dark legs and a pea comb. I bet he carries the blue egg gene and will make you some pretty Easter Eggers. If I had to guess I would say he was a cross between a Blue Ameraucana and a Wheaten Ameraucana - not an accepted cross but works for an Easter Egger!

I was thinking the same with the big white beard and all!

He is not a Blue Ameraucana, but he appears to have a nice fluffy face, dark legs and a pea comb. I bet he carries the blue egg gene and will make you some pretty Easter Eggers. If I had to guess I would say he was a cross between a Blue Ameraucana and a Wheaten Ameraucana - not an accepted cross but works for an Easter Egger!
Okay, thank you!! It's all good as long I can make more EE's, I have girls for him!! I don't have an Amercauna hen, but I have 3 EE pullets and am not too concerned about being a cross as long as he's Americauna. He was a free bird that got thrown in with some others, but still it miffs me that the breeders don't know what they are even getting rid of.

I give them little houses to sleep in and put them in chain link dog kennels. I run branches through for roosts. They get lots of treats and get to free range regularly. Today it was grapes and watermelon.
Lol, I give my broody a piece of whatever is the flavor of the day, don't think she should have to miss out! Today was watermelon!

I have only heard the chicken math thing twice now, what is it??

I give them little houses to sleep in and put them in chain link dog kennels. I run branches through for roosts. They get lots of treats and get to free range regularly. Today it was grapes and watermelon. 

Yep, spoiling them is so much fun, seems to be the tie that binds us here on BYC/EE threads!

Our friend brought watermelon, tomatoes and squash today (I got her started with one of our cockrells and 3 pullets-now a friend for life!!) and I had the leftovers from making a salad to give them...lettuce, broccoli, carrots shredded and celery bits....and they all feasted like it was their birthday!!!:D
Can't hardly take a step without them running up and looking to see "what's next..." to come their way.
So much fun. Chirp

Here's the sassy one.

I think it's too early still. This one definitely is protective though!

Lol, I give my broody a piece of whatever is the flavor of the day, don't think she should have to miss out! Today was watermelon!

I have only heard the chicken math thing twice now, what is it??

chicken math is where you start out with a few chickenss and then you find yourself a few more and a few more and a few more and it goes on forever. There is no cure!

Back
Top Bottom