The EE braggers thread!!!

I'm getting mine in April from My Pet Chicken
smile.png

That is where I got my original 3 EE hens. All 3 chickens were very pretty I get a blue egg from one and a green egg from the other. Sadly the 3rd died of unknown causes last winter a few days before she turned 1, she never laid me an egg :(

my original flock containing some EE's came from McMurray's, My Dec. chicks came from My Pet Chicken, and I got a fabulous variety of colors - the McMurray bunch were almost all reds, with 2 BLR's. If you are going hatchery, I would go with MPC... only because of the greater variety of feather/egg colors.

Since I'm here.. thought I'd share my breeding EE boy, Groucho. He had eyebrows when he was young, but doesn't now.. so the name doesn't make much sense ;)

Here is my white girl. I am single breeding her to this fella:

Most of my other girls look like this one. Basic EE pattern. Only blue eggs coming from my EEs except one, who has Rock in her.

This girl lays a nice green egg.

Since I'm here.. thought I'd share my breeding EE boy, Groucho. He had eyebrows when he was young, but doesn't now.. so the name doesn't make much sense ;) Absolutely handsome roo . Your hens are beautiful also. I envy your farm.... When I win the lotto..... Look Out! ;D Here is my white girl. I am single breeding her to this fella: Most of my other girls look like this one. Basic EE pattern. Only blue eggs coming from my EEs except one, who has Rock in her. This girl lays a nice green egg.

and my earlier post with the 2 eggs and Merry... it wasn't Merry's first egg, unless if it counts that it was her first egg after a molt and bit of a winter break.  she was hatched in Dec '12 and was laying by May '12...  that batch of EE's all started really early, between 18-22 weeks.  my first EE's didn't start until 26-28 weeks for most, one made me wait until she was over 8 months old... the Cochins I have didn't start until 8-9 months, and I have 1 more Cochin who doesn't look ready at all yet...

Oh ok. Sorry. Thought you were saying it was Merry's first. I love her color

Back
Top Bottom