The EE braggers thread!!!

There sure seems to be a lot of "Partridge" EEs. Maybe they should be standardized into an ameracauna variety. or at least into the "EE breed" 

It would take a ton f work. I dot know anybody working on that. But look at splash. It is used in BBS breeding and we are still the process of getting it accepted.

Thank you, Chicken Pickin......that explanation was really helpful. I'm very familiar with breed standards in dogs, but "chickens is a whole 'nuther ball game"! LOL I'm excited to see how my girls mature.

Thank you, Chicken Pickin......that explanation was really helpful. I'm very familiar with breed standards in dogs, but "chickens is a whole 'nuther ball game"! LOL I'm excited to see how my girls mature.
I am from the dog world too. It was a very difficult transition to understand that you can outcross a breed of chicken to another breed to enhance color, and it doesn't change the breed of the bird as long as it meets SOP. For example: Breeding a Silver Laced Wyandotte to a Dark Brahma can produce SLW with better coloring and size. They can still be shown as SLW. In my way of thinking and breeding....... that would make a mutt.
idunno.gif

Some serious breeders will not admit to these tricks to improve type and color.

Do EE hens ever lay a pure blue egg?

Yes they often lay blue. Yes many breeders will not admit to outcrosses. As for dogs I have a registered Chihuahua that I can tell has Pomeranian in his ancestry. He is short haired but has long hair in his background. I believe Pom is what they used to get long hair. I am sure it is not recorded in his pedigree.

Yes they often lay blue. Yes many breeders will not admit to outcrosses. As for dogs I have a registered Chihuahua that I can tell has Pomeranian in his ancestry. He is short haired but has long hair in his background. I believe Pom is what they used to get long hair. I am sure it is not recorded in his pedigree.

They do have long coated Chihuahuas. They are super adorable!

They do have long coated Chihuahuas. They are super adorable!

Yes they do and they are in his pedigree but I see resemblances to Pom. Silky medium hair and blonde/tan color. Just saying I see things that say something else was used. Just like dapple in dachounds look like blue merle. I usually reveal what I have added but not always. I created redtick in beagles. Color looks a lot like English redtick coonhounds for a reason.

Yes they do and they are in his pedigree but I see resemblances to Pom. Silky medium hair and blonde/tan color. Just saying I see things that say something else was used. Just like dapple in dachounds look like blue merle. I usually reveal what I have added but not always. I created redtick in beagles. Color looks a lot like English redtick coonhounds for a reason.
Redtick beagles would be amazing!!
droolin.gif
Sometimes my Manchester heads resembled Doberman heads, and sometimes I even had very large Manchesters.
highfive.gif

Back
Top Bottom