The EE braggers thread!!!

I just set my first incubator eggs today. I'm hoping for a good Mother's day hatch. I'm new to incubators so I don't know how it will go. I have BCM and Americana coverered by a F1 OE roo {BbCM x Americana} and an Americana Roo over Welsummer and Olive eggers. Easter Egger Mutts that will lay shades of green is the goal for the offspring.

I have a hen who has specks sometimes on her eggs. I have never heard of one who was pink inside but olive outside! That must be gorgeous. :) I do have egg shell from my prize ee who died; hers were a greyed sage color but lighter inside; i think a very pale blue. Her sis lays a yellowey egg maybe. This particular bloodline fascinated me from the start. The sister is the last due to crap bator. She has pink skin and not the yellow skin though.

Lost hens stone sage top right, sis's yellowey one top left, blue for comparison. None of my ee are the vivid blue.

Last edited:
I originally posted this in the what breed or gender forum, but haven't gotten any responses. The lady my roos are promised to is quite anxious to know if these are pullets or cockerels, as I am. Any attempts at guessing would be greatly appreciated.

The dark one I hatched out on the 19th of March. The light one is a hatchery EE hatched on the 17th of March. It was really hard to get the pics because they don't want to stand still. I have somebody that wants both of them if they're cockerel. Anyway, the dark one first...

I see three rows here.

And here's the light one. I really hope this one is a girl. I love the coloring.

I feel like I can see three rows when I'm looking at this one, but I really can't tell.

I originally posted this in the what breed or gender forum, but haven't gotten any responses. The lady my roos are promised to is quite anxious to know if these are pullets or cockerels, as I am. Any attempts at guessing would be greatly appreciated.

The dark one I hatched out on the 19th of March. The light one is a hatchery EE hatched on the 17th of March. It was really hard to get the pics because they don't want to stand still. I have somebody that wants both of them if they're cockerel. Anyway, the dark one first...

I see three rows here.

And here's the light one. I really hope this one is a girl. I love the coloring.

I feel like I can see three rows when I'm looking at this one, but I really can't tell.

They look like they are all pullets to me.

Quote:
I had 40. 6 (or was it 7) were clear when candled and removed. I guess that means 33 eggs went into lockdown. I'm now up to 11. Three (white) in brooder, and 8 still in incubator.
Some of these chicks look almost ready for the brooder but I'll probably leave them in all night. I think there's more eggs with pips so there may be more by morning.

Hard to see them with that red light but there's 3 white EE, and 4 BLRW. They were sleeping until a flash had to wake them up. LOL

CG

I had 40. 6 (or was it 7) were clear when candled and removed. I guess that means 33 eggs went into lockdown. I'm now up to 11. Three (white) in brooder, and 8 still in incubator.
Some of these chicks look almost ready for the brooder but I'll probably leave them in all night. I think there's more eggs with pips so there may be more by morning.

Hard to see them with that red light but there's 3 white EE, and 4 BLRW. They were sleeping until a flash had to wake them up. LOL

CG
So cute!!

Back
Top Bottom