The EE braggers thread!!!

Got some of my roo! :) (and 2 of the other girls I didn't get in the post before)

Isn't he handsome? :)

0.jpg
Might just be me, but your "rooster" looks like a pullet to me. I have a hen that looked very similar to yours as a chick.

It is possible he is a she...they all came from the pullet bin, but it's certainly acting roo-ish. It also is the only one with long curling tail feathers (all the rest' have tail feathers the same length), and his neck feathers are different than the others. Granted, in a few more weeks I'll have a better idea, but I've had this one pegged as a Roo since it started feathering out. Lots of people have agreed. :)

Thanks so much for answering me. That is so sad, my daughter just loves him but I already have a 2year old Jersey Giant so I won't be able to keep him.Y

I have four roos that all get along, sneaking in two more (I am adding more girls to help keep the balance) so don't give up on that yet. I did have some spring scuffles, but they got over it and are now happy. Right now I only have 14 hens for them. Got 30 more growing. I do let them free roam when I am around and I do think that helps a lot.

Please help me to determine if this is a boy?

Don't give up I have 2 white EE hens( whites are usually roos) and 1 hen with rust colored shoulders. Color isn't 100% for sexing chickens. A better shot of the back of the birds neck feathers wouild be helpfull. Also JackieandChicks is right multiple roos will often live together without any trouble so you could always still keep him as a spare.

Back
Top Bottom