The EE braggers thread!!!

I have been very selective on my egg color(this year I borrowed a Lav Am roo for my hatch), also because people around here are used to hatchery birds any shade of blue/green/mint is considered blue egg.
Oh how nice, it will be interesting to see how his offspring egg color improves to their mothers... are you going to back breed his daughters to him & are you going to test breed his sons on a non-blue layer to see what quality blue genetics they carry?

I am so digging this guy. Can't wait to see how he finishes.

Stopped at Townline to pick up two chicks for a single chick that I hatched (for company) and they showed me how they were sexing the EE's. It's very obvious the two lines of feathers for the girls and one for the boys. I did not see any more of the splash-type roo-chicks so I don't know if they stopped using that breeding combo. They *do* breed there except for the game birds and the meat birds. I found them very helpful, again, taking the time to show me how to feather sex the chicks (even the GLW that I picked up). I did tell them about the many roos of this color getting by them just to let them know. After I left I realized I didn't ask what they were doing with all those male chicks but realized I may not want to know .

Last edited:
Oh how nice, it will be interesting to see how his offspring egg color improves to their mothers... are you going to back breed his daughters to him & are you going to test breed his sons on a non-blue layer to see what quality blue genetics they carry?

I bred the Lav Am to several EE and a white leghorn. The pullets will be bred back to my recessive white EE roo next spring. He is my primary roo.

i havent been on this thread in forever! i was brand new to chickens when i was first here and now my birds are all grown and so much has happened. this past winter was brutal on my chickens. i lost a few and had one poor roo get frostbite on his feet and now he has stumps =( he seems happy enough though and recovered well (baby asprine and foot soaks). he is in the grow out pen with the young birds so he doesnt get picked on, since he has no defense. does anyone else have any "special needs" birds? heres a picture, his name is Frosty:

on a better note, i just hatched out 8 Easter eggers and i have 30 more eggs in the incubator! its so fun seeing how different they can all look. the dominant roo in my flock is a silkie/black copper maran, so most of the chicks i hatch have feathered legs, which makes them even cuter =) the next batch of eggs should start hatching this weekend. so excited!

here are some of the chicks i just hatched:

and, a neat rooster picture. this is one of my EE roos, Stumpy =)

Awww, I have a rooster that is exactly like that. He had gotten frostbite on his foot and it got bad. I was going to cull him, but he just seems like such a happy little guy. An as long as he gets around fine, I will let him live out his life here. I also have a hen that has one like that. I had never had a problem with frostbite before. I had felt like such a terrible chicken owner, but I had read about a lot of people with the same problem. I have a few other handicaps also

this is my EE polly she lays mint green eggs

Back
Top Bottom