The EE braggers thread!!!

What time of year did you get them?
All at the same time in early March of last year. That's why I tell people it can happen at any time!
Of my 4 EE's (sadly one died suddenly a few months ago) only 2 lay green so I know she wasn't laying because I finally had gotten another green egg! All along I was assuming she was laying a brownish egg because I figured she had to be laying! But was surprised one morning in January or Feb to find a different colored green egg!!! My EE's are my best layers too!! Even over my Black Austrlorpes!

The first 2 lay green and the last 2 cream. One is a bit pinkish but still cream.

My EEs almost alway lay around 10 months. It isn't a calcium problem I anything, other breeds here lay at normal time. It doesn't bother me that they lay that late.

This EE is just about 24 week old now and was recorded as laying egg's at 14 weeks and 3 that week as I suspected she had produced an egg at week 13 so she was put in a holding cage to keep tabs on her then went broody at 20 weeks and now has a total of 16 under her and I picked up the remaining egg's that were under her and put them in the incubator and two of them are peeping right now and the 0ther 4 and just sitting there but we do have our high hopes for them also .....

Take a look at the wing development of this little guy and not even a week old .......

Chicks get their first hard boiled egg's so they are a little skittish of the new food but once momma takes a bite they take it from her instead of taking it from the bowl typical kids .....

My grand kids are coming by later today to check out all the new baby's and to see how much the chicks have grown and the goslings and duckling and a week makes such a difference ....
wink.png

gander007
old.gif

I know that there is a major debate between the use of Americana, Ameracauna, Auracana, and EE. To add to the confusion I got 4 birds from TSC labeled Aracauna. I figured they are EE and grabbed a few. Imagine my surprise when one of the roosters is rumpless. He is still an EE I'm sure but what are the genetics on a rumpless bird. Is he more likely to carry the blue egg gene? Will off spring be rumpless as well or it is a recessive trait?

** I no longer have a rooster and want to keep one of the ones that are growing up. Temperament is tthe most important but I also want to select for egg color/size and beautiful birds... I'm basically just making my own barnyard mixes that I like :)

This EE is just about 24 week old now and was recorded as laying egg's at 14 weeks and 3 that week as I suspected she had produced an egg at week 13 so she was put in a holding cage to keep tabs on her then went broody at 20 weeks and now has a total of 16 under her and I picked up the remaining egg's that were under her and put them in the incubator and two of them are peeping right now and the 0ther 4 and just sitting there but we do have our high hopes for them also .....

Take a look at the wing development of this little guy and not even a week old .......

Chicks get their first hard boiled egg's so they are a little skittish of the new food but once momma takes a bite they take it from her instead of taking it from the bowl typical kids .....

My grand kids are coming by later today to check out all the new baby's and to see how much the chicks have grown and the goslings and duckling and a week makes such a difference ....
wink.png

gander007
old.gif
Looks like our Roxy who is about 13 1/2 weeks.

All at the same time in early March of last year. That's why I tell people it can happen at any time!
Of my 4 EE's (sadly one died suddenly a few months ago) only 2 lay green so I know she wasn't laying because I finally had gotten another green egg! All along I was assuming she was laying a brownish egg because I figured she had to be laying! But was surprised one morning in January or Feb to find a different colored green egg!!! My EE's are my best layers too!! Even over my Black Austrlorpes!

The first 2 lay green and the last 2 cream. One is a bit pinkish but still cream.

Very pretty! My very first EE was the one to last first at only 16 weeks old! I was shocked!

Back
Top Bottom