The EE braggers thread!!!

I am new to EEs and I have 3 gorgeous pullets 2 light rust one of those with a completely blue head and the other with blue splashed on her neck. The third one is blue and gold gold laced with the body being blue laced and her head and neck gold laced. I have a lakenvelder, partridge cohcin, barred rock and Columbian wyandotte roos. Do you know which would be the better choice to breed to keep the blue in the feathers?

Any of these will be OK as they all have black involved . One copy of the blue gene turns black to blue . Your pullets have 1 copy so 50% of their chicks will have blue .

I usually watch for and keep the ones with peacombs.  Not sure if the rosecomb will be dominate over the pea or not.  You can always find a EE roo later and breed back for the pea comb though.

I just got my hands on a pure breed black aracauna roo. Just went and looked at him and I'm going to pick him up later in the week.

Last edited:

My two EEs are 10 weeks old now, and the beards are coming in nicely! I think Daisy (the yellow) is going to be a very big hen, she is quite plump compared to my four other chicks.

Daisy's close up.

Cupcake's solo shot.

2 of my new little EE babies! My bf sent me the pics cause I'm 1700 miles from home, so sorry bout the red light. Lol

With out further ado...... Dominique Torreto. My newest member of the flock and the key to my Blue EE project. With as late in the year as it is I will start the project next spring. He is a 2 year old Aracauna roo.

Back
Top Bottom