The EE braggers thread!!!

Mine don't like to get wet all that much but they do love a nice blow dry!!  I had to bathe 2 and they fell asleep as I dried them. Too cute :)

Once they get used to the noise they find it very relaxing. A lot the ones I show are very used to bathes, because they get one before every show. I only blow dry them if it is cold or drafty out though

Mine LOVE getting wet. Teu will purposely go out in the rain. Some like getting bathes. Some like to cool off on hot days. You be surprised how many chickens like water. Not all do but a lot do. I know this isn't just true for mine, I know many others who like to get wet

I have had chickens on and off for 35 years and never had chickens that 'liked' getting wet. I have had them go out into the rain to forage after hours or days of rain but they have always been reluctant. But then i don't live in a climate where it is constantly hot, just a month or so of hot weather each year.

I have used the chickens aversion to water to train the chickens to stay out of the garden. I spray water up into the air so big drops land right behind the chickens and chase them out of the garden. Only takes a few times and the chickens wont go into the garden even if the gate is left open.

Reading that someone is giving them a baths was a total 'A What!' moment.

I have had chickens on and off for 35 years and never had chickens that 'liked' getting wet.  I have had them go out into the rain to forage after hours or days of rain but they have always been  reluctant.  But then i don't live in a climate where it is constantly hot, just a month or so of hot weather each year. 

I have used the chickens aversion to water to train the chickens to stay out of the garden.  I spray water up into the air so big drops land right behind the chickens and chase them out of the garden.  Only takes a few times and the chickens wont go into the garden even if the gate is left open. 

Reading that someone is giving them a baths was a total 'A What!' moment.

Every flock varies. Most people that are serious about showing bathe their chickens 3-5 days before every show. It makes them look good and just makes me feel better. And when they get bugs they need bathed to kill them.

Every flock varies. Most people that are serious about showing bathe their chickens 3-5 days before every show. It makes them look good and just makes me feel better. And when they get bugs they need bathed to kill them.

Yes, I am getting an education here. I have done the bathing to kill bugs and for pasty butt, it was always a fight. I'm not overly affectionate with the chickens. Its probably because it more what I have been used to. I do pat the chickens on their backs when i get a chance while they are on the ground but never been one to pick them up and cuddle them. Its ok if they walk on my feet and peck at my hands but i have never wanted to give them the chance to poo down my blouse. Had enough of that when i worked at the hatchery.

New to this forum...I just had to share this, I have one EE, and I know they don't all lay a pretty egg, so I didn't get my hopes up. Today at the age of 23 and 1/2 weeks, she finally laid this egg. It's huge, gorgeous, and weighs 63 grams!

It might be a double yolk, and I'm sure the next one will be a more normal size.

Anyway, it's been an exciting morning.

Beautiful egg and sooo big. And you know who laid it? I would love to see a pic of her, too!

Betty is a beauty!!
My Penny has similar coloring but isn't quite 18 weeks and is just going thru juvie molt. Such suspense!!! Easter Eggers are all about suspense and surprise.

I would like to breed these two - Penny and Henry (formerly Henny)

Here is the baby pic:
Interesting cross . This should be a sex link mating . Hard to say what may be hidden in the roosters gene pool . Red x silver Columbian should give red / gold females and silver / golden males . Males will be lighter color at hatch as they will carry silver and red . Females will carry red only . Have fun .

Back
Top Bottom