The EE braggers thread!!!

Yikes, I don't think I want 6-7 months of winter!

At least it's not Alaska!!
big_smile.png

I just found the First Egg Countdown thread, but I thought I could pose my question here since we are all EE people...

When did your EE(s) start laying eggs???

I'm by Dallas. I've barely been here a year. It gets pretty hot, but it's generally not as miserable as Houston :/
The best weather I've been in is in San Diego..lived there for a few years when I was younger.

Oh no...I am so sorry. That's always so tough...:hugs

I love Indiana and will never move.....I guess I should specify. Northern Indiana. Southern has entirely too many hills, not enough winter, and I didn't see a single corn field while I was down there either-no corn fields, it just isn't home lol.
(I am sure they probably have con somewhere just not in the area I was in, visiting)

Last edited:
I love Indiana and will never move.....I guess I should specify. Northern Indiana. Southern has entirely too many hills, not enough winter, and I didn't see a single corn field while I was down there either-no corn fields, it just isn't home lol.
Where are these "hills" you speak of? We are in Southern Indiana (way down on the river) and I absolutely detest how flat it is down here - of course my perception is likely skewed because to me "hills" are what I grew up in/on at the foot of the Idaho mountains.

Last edited:
Brown county, more spc
Where are these "hills" you speak of?  We are in Southern Indiana (way down on the river) and I absolutely detest how flat it is down here - of course my perception is likely skewed because to me "hills" are what I grew up in/on at the foot of the Idaho mountains.
[/quot

Brown county

More specifically Nashville. I am used to FLAT, so reall anything is hills, but trust me these were actual hills. I like FLAT. It just looks so hard to mow and I feel like it is easier to build things here. I am sure other love it, but it is not for me. When I went to the smokeys a few years ago my ear popped and popped and popped. I can only imagine what they would do on a plane.

Brown county more specifically Nashville. I am used to FLAT, so reall anything is hills, but trust me these were actual hills. I like FLAT. It just looks so hard to mow and I feel like it is easier to build things here. I am sure other love it, but it is not for me. When I went to the smokeys a few years ago my ear popped and popped and popped. I can only imagine what they would do on a plane.
Ahh, I see - you must be pretty far North then since to you Brown County is South - funny how that is because to us that is going North. I have to say, the little bit of time I've been lucky enough to spend up there has been the most I have felt "like home" since we moved here. I completely understand what you are saying, though, because it seems I am feeling much the same as you, just on opposite counts of the same things being "home".

Ahh, I see - you must be pretty far North then since to you Brown County is South - funny how that is because to us that is going North.  I have to say, the little bit of time I've been lucky enough to spend up there has been the most I have felt "like home" since we moved here.  I completely understand what you are saying, though, because it seems I am feeling much the same as you, just on opposite counts of the same things being "home".

Some if the towns I am close to are bluffton or about an hour away Fort Wayne. Most people don't recognize the little towns, kind of like gnaw bone down in brown county. It was a good 3 hour drive.

I just found the First Egg Countdown thread, but I thought I could pose my question here since we are all EE people...

When did your EE(s) start laying eggs???
My first layer was an EE, 3 days shy of 21 weeks. The rest took a bit to catch up, but my second layer was my other EE, at about 23 weeks. I still have the second. She lays pretty, large sky-blue eggs.
Can't wait to see what the 2 new babies lay. They both look like my Little Hawk did when she was little, but they're feathering in differently (of course
tongue.png
). Little Hawk was a dark reddish chipmunk chick who ended up a pretty white and black with the green sheen.

Back
Top Bottom