The EE braggers thread!!!

Thanks! I opened the door today & let them out. I will continue to do so, just don't want my girls to get sick, it can get pretty chilly up here in the great white north! Aka Canada
1f609.png

Wow, Cochix, that's pretty amazing how different the color seems, but at least there's a blue-green hue somewhere there. :)
Yes I agree...

I know people are chatting about the cold and snow and the gang reactions. Well this is ours first winter, they were crabby at first, I was too. Hard to go from 68 on Sunday to snow Monday pm and between now and then we have gotten down to -6 her in Boulder, Co. Well I took two days and really got the gang squared away, added more straw to coop, nest boxes, run and tarped the run in strategic places for wind breaks, then the next day I tarped most of the roof of the run, added more straw to run, threw down some fresh greens, veggies and some flock block. Today the gang was in the run most of the day and we didn't get above 10. I found some even nestled down in the straw in the run right on top of the snow. I decided two things early, with 25 birds, they all couldn't be in the small coop all winter long without issues. They have a lot of space, I think, three long roosts, perches along next boxes and about 3 feet of thick straw bedding on the floor. I will not put food in the coop nor water. They have a heated water bowl and two feeding stations right outside their pop door in the cozy run. The gang seems pretty content. The EE are sporadic with laying most days I get 4 blue eggs and a couple times a week I get 5, which is how many EE we have.

Here is a shot of Isis in the run, couldn't resist she looks so puffy. She is a cutie too but doesn't like me getting her eggs when she's on them, her and Gretchen like to sit on clutches of eggs already. Some shots of the group out in the run. These ladies keep me on my toes!

In the next few days will put out some straw bales in free range area and I am sure soon enough the gang will be out there scratching away...

Last edited:
Hey there just wanted to post some pics of one of our EE who lays the lightest color egg, it had been a mystery unti now. Hard to figure out who is laying what with 23 hens, but found her in th nest box so I got lucky, right after laying.

This is Beyonce one of 5 of our EE, she lays the lightest color eggs, almost look whitish against certain back grounds, see pics.

Funny how much the color changes depending on the back ground.

Love that hen
love.gif

Yes I agree...

I know people are chatting about the cold and snow and the gang reactions. Well this is ours first winter, they were crabby at first, I was too. Hard to go from 68 on Sunday to snow Monday pm and between now and then we have gotten down to -6 her in Boulder, Co. Well I took two days and really got the gang squared away, added more straw to coop, nest boxes, run and tarped the run in strategic places for wind breaks, then the next day I tarped most of the roof of the run, added more straw to run, threw down some fresh greens, veggies and some flock block. Today the gang was in the run most of the day and we didn't get above 10. I found some even nestled down in the straw in the run right on top of the snow. I decided two things early, with 25 birds, they all couldn't be in the small coop all winter long without issues. They have a lot of space, I think, three long roosts, perches along next boxes and about 3 feet of thick straw bedding on the floor. I will not put food in the coop nor water. They have a heated water bowl and two feeding stations right outside their pop door in the cozy run. The gang seems pretty content. The EE are sporadic with laying most days I get 4 blue eggs and a couple times a week I get 5, which is how many EE we have.

Here is a shot of Isis in the run, couldn't resist she looks so puffy. She is a cutie too but doesn't like me getting her eggs when she's on them, her and Gretchen like to sit on clutches of eggs already. Some shots of the group out in the run. These ladies keep me on my toes!

In the next few days will put out some straw bales in free range area and I am sure soon enough the gang will be out there scratching away...

OMG I always wanted a pure white EE! I'm jealous!

I got one to, see.
It's from my on breeding.

And her sister.

And OMG it has buckeye bars.

And there mom Fleur.

And there 11 week 5 day old coop mates.

That was cornucopia who has to be one of my favorite hens.

That was Blackbeard who is a hen.

That little girl Is still unnamed.

That little girl was unnamed to.

That little girl Is also unnamed.

That was my little girl Rosie.

That was bugsy who we thought was a girl but is getting saddle feathers.

That is my rooster hawk.

That little girl is also unnamed.
These are ALL EE's.

S
Love that hen:love
Thanks, it has been hard getting good pic's of her because she is very shy, not as outgoing as some of our EE. She has gotten more friendly once she started laying.

Cochix - Your Isis is gorgeous!!! If you're thinking of getting chicks from her eggs, I would love to be in line for one of her babies. :drool
Hi Alebuela, we will be breeding her as well, however we have BO Roos, so have no idea what her offspring will be like, we will be hatching eggs in the spring and maybe selling some fertilized eggs. I will have a better idea once we have some hatched as to what they will look like, I am not sure if they will end up being all white. This chicken genetics thing is complicated, especially when you have a BO x EE mix, maybe Jerry can shed some light on that, or anyone else well versed in this genetics thing. Regardless it will be fun to see how they turn out.

thanks, she is one of the sweetest of the flock, petite and quiet. Here are a few more shots of her, better shots.

I got one to, see.
It's from my on breeding.

And her sister.

And OMG it has buckeye bars.

And there mom Fleur.

And there 11 week 5 day old coop mates.

That was cornucopia who has to be one of my favorite hens.

That was Blackbeard who is a hen.

That little girl Is still unnamed.

That little girl was unnamed to.

That little girl Is also unnamed.

That was my little girl Rosie.

That was bugsy who we thought was a girl but is getting saddle feathers.

That is my rooster hawk.

That little girl is also unnamed.
These are ALL EE's.
WOW!! I love your birds!!

S
Thanks, it has been hard getting good pic's of her because she is very shy, not as outgoing as some of our EE. She has gotten more friendly once she started laying.
Hi Alebuela, we will be breeding her as well, however we have BO Roos, so have no idea what her offspring will be like, we will be hatching eggs in the spring and maybe selling some fertilized eggs. I will have a better idea once we have some hatched as to what they will look like, I am not sure if they will end up being all white. This chicken genetics thing is complicated, especially when you have a BO x EE mix, maybe Jerry can shed some light on that, or anyone else well versed in this genetics thing. Regardless it will be fun to see how they turn out.
thanks, she is one of the sweetest of the flock, petite and quiet. Here are a few more shots of her, better shots.

Did you hatch her yourself or where did you get her? I really want one!

Back
Top Bottom