The EE braggers thread!!!

The really fun part is these are up to purebred now . You can use cuckoo hens with a black Ameraucana rooster and get purebred black sex linked Ameraucana pullets . Male chicks would be single barred with a small white head spot . I also have lavender cuckoo . Lavender cuckoo hens with a lavender rooster and you get lavender sex linked pullets .

Jerry where do you get the time? It's been a year and I'm almost to the part where I can hatch from my own stock. And you already got like 10 generations. I really like those lavender cuckoos. Specially if the roosters look like that.

Jerry where do you get the time? It's been a year and I'm almost to the part where I can hatch from my own stock. And you already got like 10 generations. I really like those lavender cuckoos. Specially if the roosters look like that.

Well I am retired plus I have learned a few breeding tricks over the years . Cockerels can often breed at 4 months . This can speed things up a bit when backcrossing to the purebreds . You can get like 3 generations in 15 months .

Well I am retired plus I have learned a few breeding tricks over the years . Cockerels can often breed at 4 months . This can speed things up a bit when backcrossing to the purebreds . You can get like 3 generations in 15 months .
Never thought about doing that or if it was possible.

For the cuckoo lavenders what is the best way to add more new genetic variety to the project without regressing? Would a lavender am or cuckoo maran be the best choices?

Last edited:
Here are my four that I kept from my New Years Day Hatch-A-Long: 3 weeks and 4 days old.

Blue may turn blue wheaten. His father is a Blue Wheaten Ameraucana. There were three hen that were if the blue coloring in the pen so any could have been the mother. I believe this one is a cockerel.

Gold Chipmunk color. I believe this one is a pullet. Same sire as the above could have been either one of three Gold Duckwing hen.

Black pullet. Same sure and list of mothers from first one.

Another Gold Chipmunk colored one. Same sure and list of mothers as listed I. Number two.

Check out this array of colors!!!!
Absolutely love my new mix of breeds. We have been trying for a few years to build a flock that could create a great rainbow of eggs. This is what we have now.

Never thought about doing that or if it was possible.

For the cuckoo lavenders what is the best way to add more new genetic variety to the project without regressing? Would a lavender am or cuckoo maran be the best choices?

I would use lavender if you have it . These are all part of the black family . Lavender is black first then 2 copies of the lavender gene dilutes black to lavender . The barring gene is added to create cuckoo . I am using black , lavender , cuckoo and lavender cuckoo in this project . So I have plenty of diversity to last for several seasons . I keep going back to Ameraucana to improve .

Back
Top Bottom