The EE braggers thread!!!

Below is the olive egg next to the others. It came from a different hen correct? They dont lay light colors then a totally darker one correct?

No. There can be some variation. Mine seem to lay darker at the start of a "run" and lighter at the end but nothing so dramatic as that. Noticeable more if you have one from each "end" so not that much different.

I know! It seems only a few days ago that they were chicks.
thumbsup.gif

I got my EE babies today. The yellowish/buff looking one is an EE, the more grey one is an EE and the Blackish Grayish one at the bottom is an OE.

So, this is a stupid question - I am sure. I have Barred Rocks so this was not something I thought about because I knew they lay brown eggs. I was hoping, as most everyone probably does, for blue eggs but am I understanding it correctly that an EE with a straight comb is most likely not going to be a blue egg layer?

I got my EE babies today.  The yellowish/buff looking one is an EE, the more grey one is an EE and the Blackish Grayish one at the bottom is an OE.

So, this is a stupid question - I am sure. I have Barred Rocks so this was not something I thought about because I knew they lay brown eggs. I was hoping, as most everyone probably does, for blue eggs but am I understanding it correctly that an EE with a straight comb is most likely not going to be a blue egg layer?

First a question: Did you order Barred Rocks?

Straight (single )comb on Easter Egger: most likely it will not lay blue/green eggs, but there could be a slim chance of laying colored eggs. I wouldn't hold my breath for it though.

If you're asking about the olive Egger laying colored eggs because if a straight comb then that one I can't answer I've only lightly dealt with OE's and never kept any to see if single combed lay colored eggs or not.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom