The EE braggers thread!!!

I actually do have five beautiful Barred Rock hens. I got these babies from a local lady who is basically practicing what she can get with her Ameracauna x Maran mix. The Ameracauma (spelling) must not be full bred because it looks like my two EE's have straight combs but that is okay. They are still adorable and it will be neat to have more of a mix with my flock even if I did want blue eggs. Hopefully we get girls. I can't have roosters in the city limits.

I am assuming you asked if I ordered Barred Rocks because the picture of the last chick, the OE, looks a little Barred Rock-ish. I agree that the coloring is similar but there are definitely differences - like the beak is not the same, the eyes are different, she even has a trill sound that she makes that my BR's did not make. The OE is a mix of Isbar and a Blue Orpington. That explains her color, she almost has a silver look to her. Sometimes she looks black and sometimes she looks really light.

Well, the exciting part of an EE is not knowing what they will end up looking like, finding out if they are a boy or a girl, and finding out what kind of eggs they lay. They are present inside of a present inside of a present!

First a question: Did you order Barred Rocks?

Straight (single )comb on Easter Egger: most likely it will not lay blue/green eggs, but there could be a slim chance of laying colored eggs. I wouldn't hold my breath for it though.

If you're asking about the olive Egger laying colored eggs because if a straight comb then that one I can't answer I've only lightly dealt with OE's and never kept any to see if single combed lay colored eggs or not.

I actually do have five beautiful Barred Rock hens. I got these babies from a local lady who is basically practicing what she can get with her Ameracauna x Maran mix. The Ameracauma (spelling) must not be full bred because it looks like my two EE's have straight combs but that is okay. They are still adorable and it will be neat to have more of a mix with my flock even if I did want blue eggs. Hopefully we get girls. I can't have roosters in the city limits. 

I am assuming you asked if I ordered Barred Rocks because the picture of the last chick, the OE, looks a little Barred Rock-ish. I agree that the coloring is similar but there are definitely differences - like the beak is not the same, the eyes are different, she even has a trill sound that she makes that my BR's did not make. The OE is a mix of Isbar and a Blue Orpington. That explains her color, she almost has a silver look to her. Sometimes she looks black and sometimes she looks really light.  

Well, the exciting part of an EE is not knowing what they will end up looking like, finding out if they are a boy or a girl, and finding out what kind of eggs they lay. They are present inside of a present inside of a present! 

I don't think getting a single comb on a mix bred chick indicates a single gene copy of the pea comb. There is always a chance if getting a single comb when breeding single comb and pea comb together.

Yes, I was asking if you if you had ordered the Zbarred Rock with the rest. Not because if the picture but it sounded like you were saying that they came in with you EE's.

Anyway best if luck with your chicks.

ya.gif
Yay for surprises! Just like having kids...I think it is way more fun to not find out what you are having!

Back
Top Bottom