The EE braggers thread!!!

Hi y'all! Cold night tonight, stay warm! I am thinking about hatching some of the eggs my girls are giving me.

Currently I have a Delaware, Black Australorps, and a EE who's laying blue eggs already. The rooster is a very pretty, and mild mannered EE. Red in color.

Is it accurate to expect that the brown-pink colored egg from my Delaware will produce a white, bearded and muffed pink egg layer? The BA's I'm thinking will give me Olive Eggers, and the EE hen will produce blue layers. Is that correct?

Any idea what this little cutie will grow up to look like? I'm pretty sure she'll be a modest mousy brown color but I'd welcome your opinions.

She was the first to figure out the feeder and waterer, she's always the first to run to my hand and runs rings around her flock mates. I understand now why they have such a dedicated following!

Seems like it's been rather quiet here lately! I got out and took some pictures of the flock the other day, and thought I'd share the ones of my Easter-egger girls here. :) They all turned out to be beard shots, but oh, well. :lol:

Merlin:

Betty Beard:

Wynne:

And these two are Cressy and Maggie, the grumps. :lol: I think they're trying to hide in their beards until winter's over.

Back
Top Bottom