The EE braggers thread!!!

what hatchery has the most interesting variety of ee, and also the heaviest birds?

Boy, I bet that will be a hard question to answer! Most of us only get so many birds and only so often. If happy with the first hatchery, would probably stick with them and have no idea how to answer the question because we have insufficient experience with many hatcheries. You would probably need a thread specific to that topic where people post pictures of their EEs with weights and the hatchery they came from. Then boil it down into a chart.

All I can say is that the 2 I got from Ideal 3 years ago looked different from each other and the 3 I got from Meyer (because Ideal didn't have what I wanted NOW to stuff under a broody hen) this year look different from each other and the older ones. Weight? I have no idea. Here are the new ones, the picture is several weeks old but as you can see, there isn't much similarity:

what hatchery has the most interesting variety of ee, and also the heaviest birds?

That's a very interesting and thought provoking question. Most of My EE's came from 2 different hatcheries, mt healthy (It may have been Ideal, I don't remember) and Meyers. I think the ones that came from MT H or Ideal had more Ameraucana in them, based on their color and body conformation (they still were obviously not full Amera) and they had excellent full beards, except for one that was beardless. They were also fairly heavy birds.
I bought some EE's from Meyers last spring. They have the typical EE appearance, and are on the small side. Coloring wise they are all typical EE colors. They haven't started laying yet, so I'm not sure what their egg color will be like.

Mt H/Ideal EE's:

here is my growing ee rooster. he is currently perfecting his crow. i hope he continues to be sweet because he is too pretty to eat :p

I'm calling him Rod as in Rod Stewart

i think he is an ameraucana x marans. so probably an oe right?

Omg he's so pretty!

Love the colors of this guy I got growing, the blue, the yellow gold. Also love the black & gold roo pictured a few posts back, gorgeous, wonder what color chicks he'll make. The prettiest roo I ever had was a black/grey patterned with gold & orange overlay...hard to describe w/o a pic...I'll come upon another like that someday. Yea it's a shame the prettiest ones are the boys!

I just love all of these photos of your EEs! Such lovely colours and variety.

I'm popping in with a Cobblepot update, since he's all grown up and I'm in love. ;)

This roo has the best disposition. I can cuddle him up for as long as I want, and he's so squishy I can't help myself. lol
He's also been wonderful with the hens (after a few growing pains). He definitely inherited his mother's beautiful temperament.
I'm very partial to black birds. That iridescence is unreal.

Cobblepot, his full sister Zatanna, and Ivy.

Also a couple photos of a few of the ladies:

Mr. Freeze

Ivy

The crew:

All of our EE's and our two (blue and wheaten) Ameraucana hens (moulting, poor dears).

Back
Top Bottom