The EE braggers thread!!!

Thank you. I will love them either way. I am just hoping they are truly pullets.Since they were incorrect about breed. Any one know how to sex 6 day old EEs
1f615.png

Very nice looking chicks you have there so please keep us updated on their growth their first year . So cute
thumbsup.gif
Will do :) I think they will turn out to be very nice looking birds!! They are the most outgoing, friendliest, and loudest of the bunch! (Also got a SLW and BR, though the barred is going to someone else)

Hello My name is Ann, I recently purchased "Ameracanas" and posted in the Ameracana thread and was informed my girls are instead EE's.
hmm.png
So here I am. I currently purchased 4 EE. I currently have them with my 1 month old silkies who seem to have adopted them. Cant wait to see what color they will be once grown.

I've not seen one like yours with the "splashed chocolate" spots before. That one will be really interesting to watch. My guess is it will be white based with "I have NO idea" brown patterning. The yellow one will likely be white based as well. Is there any hint of non yellow color on her body feathers? My last batch of chicks included a pure yellow EE with a faint smudge of apricot on her head which was about the only thing that differentiated her from the White Rock chicks. She turned out like this:

and lays a nice blue egg, USDA Large

Don't feel bad 90% of first time EE owners were under the impression that thy were purchasing Americana chicks ..
hu.gif

Well, actually, she did purchase AmerIcana chicks, or in her case "Ameracanas". The "I bet we can fool a lot of people by naming them something close to the name of an APA breed" trick. If bought from a big hatchery or a feed store that advertised them as "generic" (ie not color specific) Ameraucana, they are just continuing the false advertizing that has been common for many years.

And no, she shouldn't feel bad, all the intentional misnaming is repugnant.

Thank you. I will love them either way. I am just hoping they are truly pullets.Since they were incorrect about breed. Any one know how to sex 6 day old EEs
1f615.png

There is an EE sexing thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/463817/easter-egger-sexing-tips-and-tricks-pictures-included

but the short answer is "No". But when you go over there and ask, the questions asked of you will be:
Please post a straight on shot of the comb, a side shot and how old are they
wink.png

You can wander over and browse through some of the many pages of posts and responses and get a feel for what you want to look for (and when) to GUESS at gender. As they say, you may not know for sure until it crows or lays an egg.

Back
Top Bottom