The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
Depends on what the "packager" picks up! I got 2 EEs from Ideal in 2012 and they were different. I got 3 from Meyer last June and they are all different as well. My guess is they intentionally pick out different looking chicks just for the variety. I don't imagine they have a bin for different colors and select one from bin A and one from bin B, etc but I have no idea.

Quote:
Yeah! It didn't happen if there are no pictures
wink.png

What's the chance of receiving 4 of the same color? I'm getting four from MPC. Can't wait to see what colors they are... Just Hoping they don't turn out all the same color
tongue.png
3 years ago I got nine identical EE's from MPC (brown with black necks and half had puffy cheeks). The only different one was the tenth, an accidental roo. Then two years ago I got an order with 2 EE's and they were totally different, one was lavender and one was laced. I have children and grandchildren of the original who look like them.

What's the chance of receiving 4 of the same color? I'm getting four from MPC. Can't wait to see what colors they are... Just Hoping they don't turn out all the same color :p

3 years ago I got nine identical EE's from MPC (brown with black necks and half had puffy cheeks).  The only different one was the tenth, an accidental roo. Then two years ago I got an order with 2 EE's and they were totally different, one was lavender and one was laced.  I have children and grandchildren of the original who look like them.
Id love to have a lavender one.... I think she'd be gorgeous.. can't wait to see what they look like, but brother's graduation comes first lol :p

Here are some chick pictures. Pardon the dirty brooder roof. An enabler friend calls up the other day and asks me if I want to ride along with her when she went to pick up some chicks from a local breeder. I just couldn't come home empty handed. The breeder has pure amera roos over amera hens and EE hens. I got two stripy chicks and a pure white one. I'm hoping these turn out to be pullets!

Here are some chick pictures. Pardon the dirty brooder roof. An enabler friend calls up the other day and asks me if I want to ride along with her when she went to pick up some chicks from a local breeder. I just couldn't come home empty handed. The breeder has pure amera roos over amera hens and EE hens. I got two stripy chicks and a pure white one. I'm hoping these turn out to be pullets!
Adorable! I wonder if the pure white one will stay white?

This year i have 3 Easter Eggers, freedom, justice and a new unnamed one. Freedom looks like a pretty lav wheaten and is very beautiful (aside from the fact that her butt is covered in poop XD)
Justice looks like a blue duckwing color, also pretty once she feathered in. The last one is just mahogany brown but they are all just about the prettiest hens in our flock aside from our spoiled d'Uccle.
tongue.png

these pics are from last year, justice looks better now. i will try and get a decent pic of the new hen but she's still pretty shy.

SO happy to find this thread!

I got one EE in a rare pullet assortment last August from MPC. Meet Sweet Cheeks!

These chickens are SO uncooperative when the camera comes out...
hmm.png

Three and a half weeks ago, I picked up six EE chicks (supposedly pullets) from Aroostook Milling Co.

They are each quite different. Only one had puffy cheeks at the time.Two are rumpies and another one is starting to show cheek puffs.

Then two weeks ago, I got a double Surprise Package from Cackle. I'm hoping I have at least a dozen EEs and that only a couple of those will be roos! I'm really uncertain what all of those chipmunk-striped chicks will turn out to be.

I'm calling this one Trump!

I think these are all EEs. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
hide.gif
I'm a fairly novice chicken wrangler.

Back
Top Bottom